GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pause/Stop song on MDI?

Dilrods

Hi all,
Bought a 2012 CW 4DR Autobahn DSG on New Year's Eve and love it so far. The only pic I have so far sucks. Perhaps I should've introduced myself, especially before a question this dumb:

Iphone 4S playing through MDI (and phone on BT) works great. Once it's playing, I can turn down volume or turn off the whole NAV unit entirely ... but is there a pause or stop function somewhere? I can fast forward/rew, you name it, change folders, just can't seem to find a way to stop or pause in the middle of a song (if I wanted to restart there later or not mute the audio: cause wouldn't this mute audio for phone too? And meanwhile use phone battery to play music you're not listening to?)

I searched. Honestly.

smax

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe the Mute button does exactly what you want it to. If you're using MDI, it'll pause the phone and it won't mute your phone calls.

We can't control our music through bluetooth, so if you press Mute it'll keep going though.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yep, there is a Mute big button, to the right of the screen, middle button i believe.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the song stops and pauses - power is coming from your car battery for the MDI connection, just like it does for your lights, etc, etc. The MDI powers and charges your ipod, so no power issue if going that route.

Dilrods

the song stops and pauses - power is coming from your car battery for the MDI connection, just like it does for your lights, etc, etc. The MDI powers and charges your ipod, so no power issue if going that route.

Great. Thanks for the help.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
You can also turn the volume all the way down which will pause the song at 0.