GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport UG Aluminum Radiator

Avant

Ready to race!
To be fair.. Tyrolsport did the research and development for this kit and it does not sound like a high volume product (compared to an intercooler).

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely expensive lol.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Looks like a new product idea was generated by this discussion. We will work on it and try to come up with a TSI specific oil cooling solution which divorces the water and oil systems. :thumbsup:

One for me. Willing to pre-order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just as a quick update, I can now monitor the radiator's performance on my MFD, see my latest thread HYDE16 Reviews - Polar FIS+ Advanced (F03) MFD Display from Kerma TDI: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2296009

Engine Temps
Motor F = working, coolant temperature at engine outlet, assuming this is the “Engine Outlet - Temperature” block
Coolant F = working, coolant temperature, assuming this is “Coolant - Temperature (G62)” block
Radiator F = working, coolant temperature at radiator outlet, assuming this is the “Radiator Outlet – Temperature” block
Oil F = working, oil temperature, calculated

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just a heads up, with my latest upcoming Pag Parts Turbo EFR Turbo Kit build thread, we were able to take the water pump apart to check for signs of wear. So far so good and I think part of it has to do with the cooler coolant temps from this radiator. Time will tell as we re-used the same water pump for this build, let's see how this plastic water pump holds up to a larger turbo and built engine.

zrickety

The Fixer
Hyde, can you remind us what other cooling mods you have? I'm thinking PTP blankets and low profile cowl trim?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hyde, can you remind us what other cooling mods you have? I'm thinking PTP blankets and low profile cowl trim?

At the time I had the PTP turbo blanket and the low profile cowl trim. My radiator tests had these other mods factored in for the before and after data set.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a new product idea was generated by this discussion. We will work on it and try to come up with a TSI specific oil cooling solution which divorces the water and oil systems. :thumbsup:

Very cool. I was looking at the IE DSG cooling kit at the shop today. I don't like how it does no get rid of the factory cooler that uses coolant to cool DSG fluid.

I'm hoping that Tyrol will make a completely seperate system that gets rid of the factory heat exchanger under the intake manifold. I actually had one fail on me already. Oil started mixing in to my coolant. Had to get that replaced.

Have the radiator. Love it, but would like to separate that from cooling down the oil and dsg.

Last edited:

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
They have taken that into account. I had the CCTA so my photos will not show that bung for the sensor but they do build these for CCTA or CBFA.

I would love them to give more info for the way they are getting around the CBFA radiator sensor.

Are they using a resistor to trick the system? If not how were they able to obtain a new sensor to put into their radiator?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I would love them to give more info for the way they are getting around the CBFA radiator sensor.

Are they using a resistor to trick the system? If not how were they able to obtain a new sensor to put into their radiator?

I don't think it's any of that, I think they are making a provision for the OE sensor.

Mike@TyrolSport

Ready to race!

TyrolSport Product Line Group Buy:
We have decided to launch their 2016 group buy with 10% off and free shipping for their entire line of TyrolSport products to help customers prepare for the upcoming street/track season. Follow their order instructions on the group buy forum threads below.
GolfMK6: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2383381