GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ENGEN COVER MOD DIY

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Did you pant the black part ? or just the greyish part red?

did you sand it back or just pant on top of it?

leslie

Ready to race!
you can use eny product ..it must just be and (heat resistance) and bending resistance beacause its plastic and gets hot and then bends as you all know...
the black colour name is :bumper black.

leslie

Ready to race!
i removed the 2 parts from each other...i then did the black peace (bumper black) aka (matt black) then did the red part ..both parts have ruff surfface so you dont have to sand it just clean it for your life,,,make sure theres no dirt on it..leave to dry for 4 hours..

DayMan

Ready to race!
i removed the 2 parts from each other...i then did the black peace (bumper black) aka (matt black) then did the red part ..both parts have ruff surfface so you dont have to sand it just clean it for your life,,,make sure theres no dirt on it..leave to dry for 4 hours..

Is this like a spray type paint that you used?

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
yeah i think im goiing to do this. but if you dont scuff or sand it the paint wont stick good. im going to leave it ruffish and paint the black part satin black

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
Nice here is how mine look

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
he sanded it and used a higher quailty paint to make it look shiney

ThunderPig

Ready to race!
I masked off the VW emblem, couldn't get it off without damage. The TSI lettering I did by hand, small brush and don't be in a hurry. I didn't sand the parts, cleaned with alcohol. For the center part I used auto touch up spray paint and model paint for the lettering.

leslie

Ready to race!
yes its like an spray...they use this spray to do the big CAT truks engens..and like john deere trucks engens.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
its spelled 'engine' in english

leslie

Ready to race!