GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pics of push start button

shahabdin

Ready to race!
That's where the new Jetta has its button, and I think that's fairly stupid as you have to reach quite far forward to hit it.

I'm not a big fan of the red ring on the speedo, makes it look less classy compared to before. A bit too "sporty" for me with the contrasting white/red combo. Either all white, or all red, please.

Actually I'm more for the blue light on the speedo as on mark V. I have my mark V too and it's so cool. Ppl even recognise the Golf for this. The white isn't too bad either but think the blue is so much easier on the eyes at night :)

GTI2007

That red light in the cluster is way too much and I would still rather have a regular key to start my Golf. I also can't find anything on that so-called start button in the ETKA and I have the latest update of it for Volkswagen.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yup I so agree with u guys. It is a clear sign of shoving in a button in to a hole of an existing place. I'd feel a bit like ET trying to start it! Picture it, your finger going sideways at the keyhole while ur seated. Ppl in the passenger seat would think has he lost it??? Or may be take us for someone from the future with psychic abilities!!! :lol:

It is clear that they had never planned to include this and they picked the worst of places to stick it. Somewhere on the actual dashboard would've been more sensible. I must say that I'm a bit disappointed with VW, didn't expect something like this from them...:eek:

you guys are really making a big deal out of this.... :iono: I wholeheartedly agree it should have been on the dash, but they just did what I'm sure was most economical for them at this point. I really don't mind pushing my finger there instead of the dash and it's really not an issue whatsoever. I got over it in about, oh.... 3 seconds. I love the system and think the 2010'ers on here who are hating are just HILARIOUS...

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
you guys are really making a big deal out of this.... :iono: I wholeheartedly agree it should have been on the dash, but they just did what I'm sure was most economical for them at this point. I really don't mind pushing my finger there instead of the dash and it's really not an issue whatsoever. I got over it in about, oh.... 3 seconds. I love the system and think the 2010'ers on here who are hating are just HILARIOUS...

I don't think there is hate, just disappointed as we expect VW to do things right, not cut corners.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I don't think there is hate, just disappointed as we expect VW to do things right, not cut corners.

As a many times over subaru owner, you should be happy that they are least making progress on an enthusiast car, compared to giving people essentially the same thing for almost 10 years.

But yes, I agree, it would be better designed on the dash, but I'll take it where it is compared to not having it at all. And yes, there has been a good amount of 2010 guys hating on the '11s.. same thing happened on the STI board when the 09's came out after the 08s. Everyone has to justify/feel better about their purchase, its pretty normal, but still entertaining.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
As a many times over subaru owner, you should be happy that they are least making progress on an enthusiast car, compared to giving people essentially the same thing for almost 10 years.

Don't tell me that I should be happy :p

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Boo1

Ready to race!
Agreed- location of the start button looks DIY, wrong, cheap, etc. I also like the way they did it in the CC- that would've been better.

But the old way of starting a car (key- not the crank in the front), works just fine. Actually, as many electrical issues as VW's tend to have, I'd rather leave the starting procedure alone.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
That push start button looks like a DIY push start button and the red line around the gauges looks more rice and less luxurious. Thats what I loved about the 2010's. The gauges resembled that of a touareg...in that it was classy. And it does seem to wash out the redline. And whats with the odd stereo receiver? Its got a random middle button and the screen is oddly small. Stay classy San Diego.

You sir are correct.

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
the lower right knob on the stereo unit looks recessed. I can see the 1.5 inch smaller Nav/Radio screen difference from the 2010. I'm glad I got the 2010. The pushbutton isnt too bad and I would take it either way. The red ring around the gauges reminds me of a Chevy Malibu with their blue ring.

falconeight1

Ready to race!
I want my vw to have a cargina like my wives cc.

A.J

In my opinion I think it would be cooler if it was on the top of the gear like the Mercedes benz, im talking about the automatic gear.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
In my opinion I think it would be cooler if it was on the top of the gear like the Mercedes benz, im talking about the automatic gear.

Like this?

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
well you need to save that part for the nitrous system :thumbup:

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
I too wish I had the button, something more "sporty" about it perhaps, although I enjoy the sensation of turning on my car