GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pics of push start button

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I remember when starters, not start buttons were on the floor above the gas pedal and you had to press that to get the starter turning and use a little heel pressure to feed a little gas to get her going, that was kind of a no frills set up, but it worked as long as you were slightly coordinated. then later some vehicles then went to a start button on the left side of the dash around where the light switch/control is on the GTI.

No i never had to go out in front of the vehicle and use the hand crank, that was a little before my time. But the location of the start button isn't too bad, i could deal with it, however the radio set up looks like a downgrade. i have the nav system and i like the looks and the operation, so if that is the nav, only 3 buttons?, i like mine much better.

And the red lines takes away from bringing your attention to a caution arc or limit markings purpose, I'll stick with the 2010's layout.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i just rented the new vw cc euro spec with the rns310, and it works ok although its tricky to adjust the radio or sat nav while driving. the sat nav address entry had an option where it changes the keyboard from abc to qwerty. the sat nav screen can be zoomed out and then automatically zooms in again while driving. its works good enough for me.

plat

Ready to race!
There is a VW in YouTube that has a gauge cluster with an outer red ring that comprises of LEDs. Each LED lights up when the needle sweeps past it so the only LED lit at one time is the one that is at the tip of the needle. That's a nice effect. I can't remember which VW though. I wish we had that in the GTI.

falconeight1

Ready to race!
I would love to have a push button, just not that one. It looks like someone bought the parts on ebay and built it. The downgraded radio/nav is crap. Sure it ticks the push start box and the nav box, but it does it in a bargain basement kind of way.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
does anyone have a canadian spec 2011 yet.
Can they confirm that the red ring on the speedo is new for 2011?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It's not perfect, but I love it. It comes with the autobahn package and the leather seats.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

What is the button on the steering wheel with the arrow swooping around/going back supposed to do? I think mine is broken... and I just got the car last night, lol.

falconeight1

Ready to race!
I do like the key in the on my wives cc. The way it is pushed into the dashboard kicks ass.

What is the button on the steering wheel with the arrow swooping around/going back supposed to do? I think mine is broken... and I just got the car last night, lol.

you can see if its broken by in your mfd, at a stop, go to setup and click any of the sub menus, such as comfort, or lighting, then click that arrow button and it should return back the main setup menu, thats just one way to see if it is functional.

its like a back button arrow on your web browser. if there is nothing to go back too, it wont work :D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
thanks, guys. I'm pretty sure its broken, doesn't seem to do anything with the MFD at all and does feel a little off. that sux, lol...

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Yeah I dont think I do either and I guess the coolness would wear off since it is essential just turning your car on.

Yup I so agree with u guys. It is a clear sign of shoving in a button in to a hole of an existing place. I'd feel a bit like ET trying to start it! Picture it, your finger going sideways at the keyhole while ur seated. Ppl in the passenger seat would think has he lost it??? Or may be take us for someone from the future with psychic abilities!!! :lol:

It is clear that they had never planned to include this and they picked the worst of places to stick it. Somewhere on the actual dashboard would've been more sensible. I must say that I'm a bit disappointed with VW, didn't expect something like this from them...:eek: