GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pics of push start button

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

cswooten1117

Ready to race!
This means the proximity key is now available for the GTI in the U.S.; which was one thing I was hoping my 2010 would have had.

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
There are multiple reasons why I can think that I wouldn't want this feature.
1) What if you just want to turn on pwer to the car, but not start the engine. How does that work?
2) What if you simply want to approach the car but not unlock it?
3) What happens if the battery dies and you need to unlock the car in order to pop the hood so that someone can jumpstart you?
Etc, etc. I'm not hatin' guys, just expressing valid concerns.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
There are multiple reasons why I can think that I wouldn't want this feature.
1) What if you just want to turn on pwer to the car, but not start the engine. How does that work?
2) What if you simply want to approach the car but not unlock it?
3) What happens if the battery dies and you need to unlock the car in order to pop the hood so that someone can jumpstart you?
Etc, etc. I'm not hatin' guys, just expressing valid concerns.

1. Push the start button but don't put your foot on the brake.
2. The car won't unlock until you touch the door handle. So just don't touch it
3. Pop the key hole cover off the door. Insert the key to manually unlock.

falconeight1

Ready to race!

I like this start button better than the 2011 gti one.

Chaseme

springs are the new bags
Haha...nice mock-up.

FYI...incase you guys are wondering why push button start is all the rage lately. From what I know it stems from the Europeans and their pursuit of fuel saving. Many Germans turn their cars off at long stop lights; push buttons allow for quicker startup when the light changes.

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
I just saw a black 2011 unit at agincourt autohaus and it did not have the red rings on the speedo.
Now I am at a loss as to why some have it and some don't...........

Probably the Canadian GTI's remain the same as before, with the RNS-510 and no push button start.

mdashali

Ready to race!
I hate 2011 for one thing - small screen and 3rd scroll knob totally spoils the smooth flow of the dash. I don't care about the keyless or red ring or any other after thought bling.