GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone recommend a good fuel injector cleaner?

pubahs

Passed Driver's Ed
Speaking with a friend who works high up at BP... he told me their R&D department has analyzed all their competitors and that the Chevron product is the best bang for the buck and works quite well... BP cannot produce a comparable product at the price point Chevron does.

Last edited:

Jason1

Passed Driver's Ed
Fireball by Castle. Not sure if they sell in PA. Is made here in Rochester NY. Very good. A little pricey but good products usually are.

finklejag

Ready to race!
Red Line SI-1 has the highest % of PolyEther Amine's @ 30-50%. This is what cleans the fuel system. Chevron Techron Fuel system Cleaner is a close second. The Chevron Fuel Injection Cleaner posted above isn't that good. Most fuel system cleaners on the market are mostly Naphtha, which is pretty much just a solvent.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I spray meth into my engine all of the time = CLEAN!

;-)

pubahs

Passed Driver's Ed
Red Line SI-1 has the highest % of PolyEther Amine's @ 30-50%. This is what cleans the fuel system. Chevron Techron Fuel system Cleaner is a close second. The Chevron Fuel Injection Cleaner posted above isn't that good. Most fuel system cleaners on the market are mostly Naphtha, which is pretty much just a solvent.

my bad that's the product I meant to suggest. Edited !

McQueen77

Banned
can always seafoam

shaunraney

That guy.
None of the above, I'd only use what's recomended by the manufacturer and even then on TSI GTIs and anything direct injected the pressures out of the nozzles are high enough to self clean.

GTI'10man

Ready to race!
Close to this topic but, some guy at work said you could put the regular gas into a car and just put fuel injector cleaner in it and it's the same as the supreme type gas. Is that True?

DREKO

Passed Driver's Ed
How about adding a bottle of seafoam to the tank. The bottle says it cleans and lubes the entire system. Probably not bad for our injectors.

DREKO

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been doing it in my other car every other oil change. It's a 2000 toyota solara v6.
Sea foam is totally safe if you are using it in the intake and gas, but I would be careful using it in the oil just as with any engine flush or cleaner. My friend put a little to much into his civic ex and his valve seals started leaking pretty bad. I think the only reason it tells you to put 1/3 of a bottle into the intake is that so someone doesnt accidently hydro lock their engine.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Sounds easy enough. But would that be safe?

seafoam is great stuff...it has been around forever too...the way i do it is i split the bottle 3 ways every 10k miles...1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in the oil, and 1/3 in the intake manifold :thumbsup: i saw someone on here did a diy on the manifold part in the maintenance or break in section...that got a little trickier on the tsi

Bender1

Banned
Close to this topic but, some guy at work said you could put the regular gas into a car and just put fuel injector cleaner in it and it's the same as the supreme type gas. Is that True?

NO. It is absolutely not true and I pray that you did not take his advice. He needs to be taken out back and beaten with a hose.