GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unofficial APR Stage 2 Thread- All Things APR Stage 2 Related

allset

Go Kart Champion
very cool link !!!

what's our width again? 3" or 3.5"?? :bonk:

intake? the carbonio filter flange is 3" so maybe a bit smaller in the intake piping to turbo feed

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Note- this may not be a tune related problem, rather a vw hardware issue; even though its posted on the APR stage 2 thread. This is where i started the info a while back so i kept it here for ease of reference.

This past spring i got the following error:

000136 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High
P0088 - 000 - - - Intermittent -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 10100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 3
Mileage: 32703 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.14.17
Time: 17:44:30

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2354 /min
Load: 9.4 %
Speed: 63.0 km/h
Temperature: 98.0°C
Temperature: 36.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.843 V

The car would lose power and response gradually until the code was cleared at which point it instantly came back. It was dramatic how much performance was lost once the code was cleared and it all came back at once . The exhaust had a wierd muffled, stuffed up sound to it and just sounded wrong; the exhaust didnt "break up" like it used to when i revved it and let off the gas. The car would adapt but the error would come back after 3-4 days. This cycle went on for months of logging and diagnosis to try and figure out what was wrong.

I know some of u have had this code although perhaps not continous like i did but I wanted t post this just in case. The thing is, there was no CEL with this so had i not been so anal scanning once a week, i may have not known about this. Like i said the loss of performance is gradual so not instantly identifyable unless ur really "in tune" with ur car but i did notice something was wrong which led me to scan initially.

VW replaced the hpfp, then all fuel pressure sensors with no luck. Finally they replaced the fuel wiring overlay and it seemed to have fixed the problem. The code has not been back for almost 2 weeks and the car is perfoming like never before.

THANK YOU! You are legend for posting this.

allset

Go Kart Champion

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
intake? the carbonio filter flange is 3" so maybe a bit smaller in the intake piping to turbo feed

oh yeah, I actually need from the MAF to the STAGE II pipe -- fitment of my provided coupler from APR/CArbonio was SHORT by about 1/2", had to stretch as much as possible then cracked the CF tightening the band too much.... :mad0259:

qshashaa

Ready to race!
lol,,, why do u have the P0088 code issue?

I have all these issues :
P0088: Fuel Rail/ System Pressure too high (Intermittent)
P0300: Misfires (random)
P0303: Cylinder 3 Misfire
P0304: Cylinder 4 Misfire
P053F: Cold Start Pressure
P130A: Cylinder Disabling Intermittent
P0087: Fuel Rail System Pressure too low (Intermittent)

I for sure have a faulty injector (#3) , and i could possibly have a faulty fuel pump as well.

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
not for nothin' but how old was that accordian coupler and it failed? get a silicone one or ull be doing this again.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index.php?cPath=5&osCsid=889934b3d50255e3108c219528f4c818

or just a straignt coupler, the hump one has some play in it

i used them for all my silicone parts for my DV relocation including the turbo intake coupler

I'll be back from Maui tomorrow. Stage II intake arrives Monday, if I keep it ill buy a straight silicone coupler for it.

Also I found out the dealership is replacing the PCV under warranty thanks to my opening a case with VWoA. Can't believe the dealer tried to say it wasn't covered by the powertrain.

Anyhow. I get it back Monday so ill update then.

Monday Update***

Car is back in my hands and is running like a top again. We will see if she pulls any harder tomorrow morning on the way to work. Hopefully all the bugs are worked out. Tried to get on it today but it was 110 outside and she wasn't pulling too hard.

Seriously...110! Southern California in October? WTH

Last edited:

P1NDLESK1N

Ready to race!
Bringing this back from the dead.

Finally got the 'Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High' code, after a year of code-less symptoms. Coincidentally bringing it in to the dealer tomorrow for DSG related problems, gonna have this looked at as well.

Luckily I'm friends with the tech working on my car. :thumbsup:

steemax

Go Kart Champion

Finally got the 'Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High' code, after a year of code-less symptoms. Coincidentally bringing it in to the dealer tomorrow for DSG related problems, gonna have this looked at as well.

Just out of curiosity, what DSG problems are you experiencing? I feel like i having some issues but there are no codes

allset@supreme power

Go Kart Champion

unfortunately this part of thread never dies. lots of ppl get this p0088 code and power loss

allset

Go Kart Champion
I have all these issues :
P0088: Fuel Rail/ System Pressure too high (Intermittent)
P0300: Misfires (random)
P0303: Cylinder 3 Misfire
P0304: Cylinder 4 Misfire
P053F: Cold Start Pressure
P130A: Cylinder Disabling Intermittent
P0087: Fuel Rail System Pressure too low (Intermittent)

I for sure have a faulty injector (#3) , and i could possibly have a faulty fuel pump as well.

ever get this resolved?

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!

Just threw this code today along with the intake manifold flap fault :mad:

appointment made for Monday morning, currently at 47k miles so it better be covered by the powertrain warranty

allset

Go Kart Champion

appointment made for Monday morning, currently at 47k miles so it better be covered by the powertrain warranty
i had the same, needed mani changed.

and u know about my P0088 fuel rail issues

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion

It is, BUT if it failed it means you already have carbon buildup, so while they're working down there and have the head open pay for injector clean up and ask them to scrape the carbon off the valves. It won't be long until you start getting misfires if you don't. Both things happened to me at 48k (58k but my engine is 48k) and I had plenty of buildup, I have a thread about it.

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
It is, BUT if it failed it means you already have carbon buildup, so while they're working down there and have the head open pay for injector clean up and ask them to scrape the carbon off the valves. It won't be long until you start getting misfires if you don't. Both things happened to me at 48k (58k but my engine is 48k) and I had plenty of buildup, I have a thread about it.

I'm cleaning by hand next month so no worries. I was waiting for 50k to do it. This happened just in time