GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**OEM Golf R LED Tails - Official Group Buy**

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Those of you with broken tails or missing parts - have you all been taken care of? Good to see BKS took care of the broken tails - hopefully the others were also :)

one set of tails with one lens cracked during shipping - being replaced under warranty

one set of tails, mounting stud on one inner tail section, broken during installation - being replaced under warranty

one set of missing adapters - currently somewhere over the Atlantic

Grownman

Ready to race!
one set of tails with one lens cracked during shipping - being replaced under warranty

one set of tails, mounting stud on one inner tail section, broken during installation - being replaced under warranty

:thumbsup:

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
I'm not part of the group buy, but I have a question regarding those tails: to all of you who received their tails, Are there any DOT or similar seals on the tails? I know they come from Europe, but just wondering if I get a set, I will have to change them every time I need to get the car inspected.

mark986

Ready to race!
So I guess 1F works for coding. But the lights on the hatch stay on when you open it. Wonder if 20 works. No biggie though. Turned off DRLs, did the needle sweep and windows for key fob while coding.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
I'm not part of the group buy, but I have a question regarding those tails: to all of you who received their tails, Are there any DOT or similar seals on the tails? I know they come from Europe, but just wondering if I get a set, I will have to change them every time I need to get the car inspected.

I doubt they will even notice - usually an inspection here in the states is more interested in emissions. Just keep the stockers just in case & you'll be good to go if they hand you a fix-it-ticket. :thumbsup:

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com

Nice - Thanks Lodi :)

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
I doubt they will even notice - usually an inspection here in the states is more interested in emissions. Just keep the stockers just in case & you'll be good to go if they hand you a fix-it-ticket. :thumbsup:

Bastards in VA that's the first thing they look at. I remember when I had my skittle, they wouldn't pass me because of the missing DOT stamp on my tails. So I asked my uncle who at the time had the same car, and swapped my tails for his, got inspected and then swapped them back.
Maybe they will be more forgiving with a new vehicle, and besides, can't compare the OEM quality between these tails and the ones I had lol.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Still at 60% for me :( *sigh*

ncelk

Bastards in VA that's the first thing they look at. I remember when I had my skittle, they wouldn't pass me because of the missing DOT stamp on my tails. So I asked my uncle who at the time had the same car, and swapped my tails for his, got inspected and then swapped them back.
Maybe they will be more forgiving with a new vehicle, and besides, can't compare the OEM quality between these tails and the ones I had lol.

Strangely though, I looked at our 09 Honda Accord this am and it does not have any DOT markings anywhere on the tail lights..........

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Strangely though, I looked at our 09 Honda Accord this am and it does not have any DOT markings anywhere on the tail lights..........

its either on the lens, or around the edge of the housing (just like in VWs)

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com

I feel for you guys in VA ... Has to be the absolute worst state for car enthusiasts :(

I went by a motorcycle cop yesterday on the 215 here in Vegas, I was doing 70 in a 55 & thought for sure I was nailed! That is when a lifted truck flew by me & he didn't get busted either - WTF?

If we were in VA we'd have been arrested & given a full cavity search - doh!