GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
so im exchanging my lips for smaller size. I was wondering if 17x9.5 et 32 would fit in the rear and 17x8.75 et 22 would fit in the front.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
so im exchanging my lips for smaller size. I was wondering if 17x9.5 et 32 would fit in the rear and 17x8.75 et 22 would fit in the front.

Pretty sure that won't fit unless you wanna poke or yank your fenders out an inch. What's with the odd sizes though, are you mixing and matching lips and barrels?

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Pretty sure that won't fit unless you wanna poke or yank your fenders out an inch. What's with the odd sizes though, are you mixing and matching lips and barrels?

yea pretty much lol i have 6.25 inch and 7 inch barrels at the moment. Putting the 7 inch barrel in the back with 2.5 inch lip bringing out to 17x9.5 et 32 then putting the 6.25 in front with 2.5 inch lip bringing the offset to 22 . Or i can get 2 inch lips in front bringing out to 8.25 with a offset of 28.5. Lots of moving shit around to make it work. i still have the 1.5 inch lip which would make the front 7.75 with an offset of 35. Would save me money from getting new lips.

Seriously about to say screw this and sell the oz futuras lol.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
yea pretty much lol i have 6.25 inch and 7 inch barrels at the moment. Putting the 7 inch barrel in the back with 2.5 inch lip bringing out to 17x9.5 et 32 then putting the 6.25 in front with 2.5 inch lip bringing the offset to 22 . Or i can get 2 inch lips in front bringing out to 8.25 with a offset of 28.5. Lots of moving shit around to make it work. i still have the 1.5 inch lip which would make the front 7.75 with an offset of 35. Would save me money from getting new lips.

Seriously about to say screw this and sell the oz futuras lol.

Hate to say it but I'd go with the 2" lips, or completely rebuild them with step lips and new barrels and sell off what you can

Go look up @clo_stylez on insta if you need some inspiration [emoji57]

You could make the specs you mentioned work but it'd be aggressive af. Someone can chime in if I'm wrong

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Hate to say it but I'd go with the 2" lips, or completely rebuild them with step lips and new barrels and sell off what you can

Go look up @clo_stylez on insta if you need some inspiration [emoji57]

You could make the specs you mentioned work but it'd be aggressive af. Someone can chime in if I'm wrong

ugh sometimes i wish i didnt get these wheels haha. i think i am going to go for the 2 inch lips. It is going to poke but i can probably camber it a bit in the front. I can sell off the remaining lips to make some money back. Is the rear manageable though at 17x9.5 et 32 on stock max camber.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Well if it helps at all I'm running 19x9 et33 with max stock camber and have paper thin clearance, but that's full tuck and my fenders are only slightly pulled out

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Well if it helps at all I'm running 19x9 et33 with max stock camber and have paper thin clearance, but that's full tuck and my fenders are only slightly pulled out

ah okay well that gives me hope lol. So my decision for now is to just exchange my current lips that i bought for 2.5 inches and to just pick up some used barrels to bring out the front to 17x8 et 38 which i am pretty sure is manageable. Just not going to be as flush as my current setup but eh i love my futuras lol. Plus going to pick up some nitto neogens for 70$ each which is way cheaper than 18 inch tires. If i were to upsize them then i would have to sell my old setup to fund for that and i don't have anything to roll on.

StayStetti

Banned
how low are you again? fronts should be good w/ fender work

this is 9 et20

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
17x9 et20 / 10 et25

oh wow i love how a bit pokey it is. i mean i can go for the 2.5 inch lips which will be 17x8.75 et 22 or go for 2 inch lips which will end up being 17x8.25 et 29. I guess the 2.5 inch lips would be close to that look in the front. Thanks for the reference, definitely helps me with my view of how it would look.

Jsobo

Passed Driver's Ed
Would front camber plates be needed for 18x8.5 et42 (215/40/18) at 24.75 ftg? I didn't t even think to ask in my previous post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AceZX

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys lookin g for some confirmation, mk6 golf tdi, would 17X7 offset 42, with 205/40/17 tires fit, without any issues. And if so what is the biggest profile i can go when i am changing the tires?

Also anyone have this rim on their golf? Just wondering how it looks?

Attachments

• $_27.JPG
    $_27.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 194