GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hesitation w/ Unitronic Stage2

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Why is the information showing up as being dated "2009"?

No i mean for some reason, the freeze frame info comes up as 2009. "2009.14.09"

IIRC it's supposed to give you the date and time of the fault code.

Dave

Ohh, I see... Yeah, that's strange.

I'm sure the time stamps depend on the Computer time and date setting.
There's no way VCDS would do that on its own. Check your laptop.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
I'm sure the time stamps depend on the Computer time and date setting.
There's no way VCDS would do that on its own. Check your laptop.

laptop currently says 4/19/2012 15:31

JhnR

Banned
erie shit with your tune

crew219

Banned
Odd.....I'd Email Ross-Tech support (assuming you have a current licensed copy)...They're pretty responsive..

I'm pretty sure the freeze frame data is set by the ECU, not the scan tool. As you can see VCDS logged what time it was scanned, and that number is correct.

Dave

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure the freeze frame data is set by the ECU, not the scan tool. As you can see VCDS logged what time it was scanned, and that number is correct.

Dave

Possibly so...I know in the Audi TT world, a major power disruption would kick back the cluster date to the date of the cluster's manufacture...Pretty freaky.

The more I read here, I'm suspecting a major ECU issue...Likely caused by the Modification confusion on the ECU by the Revo guy described above...

valj

Ready to race!
By the way, on our local gti forum we had a couple of people with APR with similar problems - reflashing their tuned software broght everything bad to normal.

They have 0 problems now claiming it might have been corrupt software. Our local REVO rep said that it's impossible for the sofware to get corrupted during the upload process as it simply won't finish uploading.

No additional follow-up as the owners have no more problems

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Just to chime in, I too have the hesitation issue, and have had it for a few months now. Tried everything in the big blue sea, nada!

So I'm going to head over to my tuner tomorrow to get flashed to stock and try it out, if that fixes the issue, i'm gonna try flashing to stage 2 again and see if a reflash fixes the issue.

Wish me luck! I'll keep you guys updated to see if a reflash fixes anything.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Gtipilot clear all DTCs and all but the cat code should go away. When the car is flashed sometimes it will show soft codes for communication.

Also some times intakes can cause the issues described, my boost was acting up and a small mod cleared it up.

Last edited:

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Gtipilot clear all DTCs and all but the cat code should go away. When the car is flashed sometimes it will show soft codes for communication.

Also some times intakes can cause the issues described, my boost was acting up and a small mod cleared it up.

Drilled holes in the carbonio? I've heard talk of the carbonio being a pressuized system and the Unitronic software not working well with that kind of a system.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!

Yep, did that yesterday (cleared DTCs). They all came right back as soon as the car started acting up again.

Currently running a stock intake and don't care much about the hesitation until the bigger problem gets resolved.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Yep, did that yesterday (cleared DTCs). They all came right back as soon as the car started acting up again.

Currently running a stock intake and don't care much about the hesitation until the bigger problem gets resolved.

Sent you a pm

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Thats too bad OP. And I've thought that what I'm experiencing is worrying! I'm having a slight surge when i drive normally and it usually happens between 2500-3000RPM. I'm running APR's Stage II and thinking of putting the stock intake back to see if the problem still exists.
All the best.

RAREHARE

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that, I'm uni stg 1+ and this is napping to me. Hesitation @ 5 and 6 gear unitronic chipped stage 1+
I was wondering if anyone can give me some input on this problem i have. So, when I shift from 1 to 4 gear I have no problems with it acceleration, it pulls very smoothly yet aggressively. But after shifting to fifth and sixth and give it a little throttle, my RPM slightly drops at 3400 RPM back down to 3000-2900 RPM. Like the engine feels like it wants to give me power but it hesistates and decides not to. If I slowly ease in the throttle after the hestitation, it slowly accelerates up with no hesitation after that. The parts I have installed are evo intake and stage 1+ unitronic. Does it have to do with the program itself or is it a bigger problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Rarhare

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear that, I'm uni stg 1+ and this is napping to me. Hesitation @ 5 and 6 gear unitronic chipped stage 1+
I was wondering if anyone can give me some input on this problem i have. So, when I shift from 1 to 4 gear I have no problems with it acceleration, it pulls very smoothly yet aggressively. But after shifting to fifth and sixth and give it a little throttle, my RPM slightly drops at 3400 RPM back down to 3000-2900 RPM. Like the engine feels like it wants to give me power but it hesistates and decides not to. If I slowly ease in the throttle after the hestitation, it slowly accelerates up with no hesitation after that. The parts I have installed are evo intake and stage 1+ unitronic. Does it have to do with the program itself or is it a bigger problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Rarhare

Didn't you make a thread about this? Or was it a different person?

If you haven't, this is the second Golf R to have issues with Unitronic's tune and neither of you guys have Carbonio intakes. If you want to make a thread and post logs I can try to help you, without data I can't do anything though.

So you have a filter on a stick intake right? I remember hearing that these intakes are what Unitronic recommends, despite the fact they swallow a bunch of hot air and for people who know how the system works they understand it's not beneficial to power. I went from a P-Flo to a Carbonio and picked up 9 g/s through the MAF, then to a VWR and the difference was night and day.

Just get logs, do not let anybody tell you it's bad fuel or a "ram air" issue and drill holes until you have data and switched some variables around.