GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
oh, ok. thought you were using the 300.1

the pioneer does have a stiff surround, 20-30 hours of play should free it up a bit

evolDiesel

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm having a hell of a time sourcing a stealth box for the JSW.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
no idea on that, it may be barely touching the bottom of the mat. if you can hear it when you just press on the cone, it may be a bad voice coil

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Last edited:

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
no idea on that, it may be barely touching the bottom of the mat. if you can hear it when you just press on the cone, it may be a bad voice coil

I took the box out of the car with the sub and had it running. The rubbing paper sound is definitely from the sub itself. I even took it out and re-positioned it in the box, sound persisted.

Is there another way I can test that the sub may be bad? I would have to RMA it through Amazon...

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
if there is nothing behind it like poly for it to rub on, i would say you have a misaligned voice coil. IS it the TS-SW2501? If so, first one i haveen go bad. I would just RMA it. It may work for awhile, but a rubbing voice coil will eventually short out the speaker

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
Amazon won't let me return the subwoofer because of some "hazardous materials" warning crap. How the heck is a subwoofer hazardous?

Aside from that, how do you guys secure the sub box? My box vibrates against my car/sound deadening (I already covered the entire trunk with Dynamat) when I turn the volume up and it makes a buzzing sound that I can hear outside of the car. When I put weight on the box it stops the noise. I know its not the sub construction, just the contact to the vehicle.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
is your box carpeted? you could put some little foam feet on the bottom like you do to furniture

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Aside from that, how do you guys secure the sub box? My box vibrates against my car/sound deadening (I already covered the entire trunk with Dynamat) when I turn the volume up and it makes a buzzing sound that I can hear outside of the car. When I put weight on the box it stops the noise. I know its not the sub construction, just the contact to the vehicle.

Just use some spray adhesive to non-permanently glue the box to the foil side of the dampener that you have in there. Or, spray adhere another layer of dampener upside-down to the layer you already have on there, then stick the box onto the now face up dampener layer to make it stick really well. That will raise the height of the box by however thick your damper is, though.

Or, you could come up with some sorta' strapping using All Round steel strapping and tapping screw mount points somewhere.

Superslow

I just installed this box into my 2012 GTI and it sounds awesome sitting up front in the driver seat but if I go in the back the box shakes pretty bad. I need to find a way to secure it. My box is not carpeted and I put rubber gasket around the bottom but it still rattles really bad.

aregister

Ready to race!
Hey I know this is prob a dumb question but I'm stuck and the thread isn't helping. When u tap into the rear speakers: a. How many taps do u need? (4 total?) b. Are u tapping into BOTH sides? c. Positives and negatives are screwing with me. I need a separate wire for each? (I.e. one for left negative, one for left positive etc.) I have the lc2i so that's what I'm sending the wires into, right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

rjohnson5481

Ready to race!
Hey I know this is prob a dumb question but I'm stuck and the thread isn't helping. When u tap into the rear speakers: a. How many taps do u need? (4 total?) b. Are u tapping into BOTH sides? c. Positives and negatives are screwing with me. I need a separate wire for each? (I.e. one for left negative, one for left positive etc.) I have the lc2i so that's what I'm sending the wires into, right?

Yes.. you will need a positive and negative for each side.
Rear Left + & Rear Left -
Rear Right + & Rear Right-

Are you going from the LC2I to a amp?

I was able to differentiate between positive and negative by looking at the woofer in the door near the connector, there is actual "+" and "-".

aregister

Ready to race!
Yes thank you. I am going from lc2i to jl audio amp. And I got the wire color scheme from another diy thread. I don't have dynaudio and I have the basic rns-510