GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Looking to do the same setup on my Premium 8 in my R. I can tell it also has the factory bass protect issue so this is a great fix.

Only questions are the actually wiring with the factory HU since there is no Dynaudio amp. Maybe I'm getting confused with where to hook up the amps speaker and remote inputs from. Anyone have DIY? Only installing a sub pretty much OPs set up.

Don't take this and run because I'm no audio expert, but I believe that the setup will be the same regardless if you have a dynaudio amp or not.

The ONLY thing you need to "connect" to the stock system/wiring are the taps to the LC2i (or other LOC). You'll need to splice in wire to run between a speaker on the left side (front or rear) and the LOC's "L speaker level input", and another between a right side speaker and the "R speaker level input".

Aside from that everything else is independent of the stock system. Amp and LOC take power directly from the battery, grounds are to the chassis, the LC2i remote turn on is fed via the speaker level inputs (that get spliced in to stock system), the amp speaker output goes directly to the sub, and the RCA cables go from LC2i to amp. I think that's everything.

jmul54

Ready to race!
Has anyone found a fix for the rattle that is coming from under the car? I tried to pinpoint it today and actually thought it was coming from inside the rear bumper. Any thoughts or way to fix. Thinking maybe dynomat the spare tire well.

Last edited:

Brian@PuenteHillsVW

Ready to race!
Don't take this and run because I'm no audio expert, but I believe that the setup will be the same regardless if you have a dynaudio amp or not.

The ONLY thing you need to "connect" to the stock system/wiring are the taps to the LC2i (or other LOC). You'll need to splice in wire to run between a speaker on the left side (front or rear) and the LOC's "L speaker level input", and another between a right side speaker and the "R speaker level input".

Aside from that everything else is independent of the stock system. Amp and LOC take power directly from the battery, grounds are to the chassis, the LC2i remote turn on is fed via the speaker level inputs (that get spliced in to stock system), the amp speaker output goes directly to the sub, and the RCA cables go from LC2i to amp. I think that's everything.

Cool, thanks for your help.

I was thinking it had something to do with taking the stock HU out.

Good stuff!

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Nope no HU removal. Just need to find a place to tap into the speakers. The method used in this thread has been taping into the rear speakers at the B pillar.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Not a necessity just recommended.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Skimmed thru and didn't find a definitive answer, but is the LC2i necessary on a non-dynaudio system?

Not a necessity just recommended.

dcppf is spot on. I encourage you to go back to post 51 on page 4. The LC2i does the same thing for non-dynaudio as it does for dynaudio. In fact, most factory stereos would need one to fix the roll off issue. I wouldn't have a sub running of a factory stereo without one.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Think of this like tires. Do you need them? Yes. Is there a benefit to running PSS's over factory A/S? Hell yes. If quality is a concern, get the LC2i. If its not, get a $30 LOC that 'works'.

justin_vk

Great! I guess the charts/graphs/science scared me away from reading those posts in depth :D The LC2i sure seems to get a lot of love around here, so let me head on over to my Amazon cart...

dcppf is spot on. I encourage you to go back to post 51 on page 4. The LC2i does the same thing for non-dynaudio as it does for dynaudio. In fact, most factory stereos would need one to fix the roll off issue. I wouldn't have a sub running of a factory stereo without one.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
I just installed my Pioneer sub and mini Fosgate amp with my new Uberstealth box. It sounds fantastic, nice and sharp and I can feel the bass better than my old terrible custom built sub box setup, but I have a minor problem:

I don't generally listen to my music that loud (I don't like vibrating trunks or mirrors), but I have the amp gain at 9 and the head unit (Pioneer AVIC with RCA lines to the amp) with a huge bump in the subwoofer output just to get the sub sounding loud enough while driving.

I know the sub is supposed to break in, but damn I thought it would be louder than it is right now. I did use a light amount of polyfill too. I bought 20 sqft of Dynamat and am going to cover the trunk floor and hatch gate tomorrow morning, hopefully that helps.