GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

zVp

Go Kart Champion
^^IS there another way to code them off?

Go to Byte 11 in Cent. Elec. Module and uncheck Bit 2 - Permanent Running Light (PRL) via Low Beam active.

I believe this is how you hard-code this off. I haven't done this in a while so hopefully this works.

Just to verify, you have Xenons right? If you have halogens, you will need a different code - let me know if you have halogens.

Bill Hicks

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to pile on and say 'epic thread' again. I think I have a few hours of my Saturday planned out now.

P

plac

very good tip. how do you assemble sets? i wanna make a quick intake log package.

1) MAF
2) Boost Specified
3) Boost Actual
4) Boost Control (N75)
5) IATs
6) RPM

What I did is made saved sets of APR's 5 different rounds for the TSI engine. Normally, you have to go in for each round and change all sorts of selections. This is a PITA and time consuming when you are sitting on the side of the road between each run. Download the attached ZIP file at the bottom of this post. You'll find 5 files named "APR-Round1-Logging.a01" through "APR-Round5-Logging.a01" in the ZIP file. Here is how you use them.

When you click on "Adv. meas. blocks" the window below will pop open. This is where you normally make all of your selections. Instead of that, click on the VCDS icon where the red arrow is pointing and choose to load saved selections. From there, you can pick round 1-5 and it'll select all of the correct blocks for you. It's a huge time saver.

Here is the zip file:

eduardot

Ready to race!
very good tip. how do you assemble sets? i wanna make a quick intake log package.

1) MAF
2) Boost Specified
3) Boost Actual
4) Boost Control (N75)
5) IATs
6) RPM

You select all the checkboxes you want, then click on the VCDS logo on the top left corner of that window. It then lets you save or load the selections.

Sent using Tapatalk

UFfitz56

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if you can disable TPMS for MY2012? They don't have the sensors in the wheels so I wasn't sure if the vagcom procedure was the same. I appreciate any help!

djaikon

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if you can disable TPMS for MY2012? They don't have the sensors in the wheels so I wasn't sure if the vagcom procedure was the same. I appreciate any help!

There's an option somewhere in the central electronics module with a check box to say if the car is equipped with TPMS.

UFfitz56

Ready to race!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hm... when I have some time, I'll make picture tutorials for all of the ones I've missed and make the ones I already have a bit more clear.

I think Tim_S or someone found out a way to make the maximum speed of which you can enter navigation entries on your navigation system.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Hm... when I have some time, I'll make picture tutorials for all of the ones I've missed and make the ones I already have a bit more clear.

I think Tim_S or someone found out a way to make the maximum speed of which you can enter navigation entries on your navigation system.

He did, I have some screen shots on my laptop, was going to post and credit him but I have not been able to confirm it was working since I have only been able to test it on the Jetta and it did NOT work. But that may be because of the special electrical design on the Jetta.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Couldn't find shots of the Navigation tweak.

I did find this though, totally slipped my mind and it is pretty important. I remembered someone had posted about this a while ago but hours of Google-fu found nothing.

Access the Navigation module, then click on Adaption.

Bluetooth sensitivity tweak

The call quality on my wife's Jetta is pretty bad, the mic picks up EVERYTHING in the background when she is speaking. I remembered someone had found this and posted some experiments he did but I can't remember what he found or find the thread.

Her microphone was set at default to 0db, I changed it to -4 and it seems a BIT better. It cuts off after her voice stops a lot sooner but when she speaks it still pulls in a lot of background noise. I'm thinking about bumping it to -8 and see how it works. If you are more knowledgeable about mic sensitives please speak up. :D

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
This has probably been covered endlessly, but I'm going to be a jerk and ask again anyway AAHAHAHA!....

.....*cough*.....

.....If I buy an aftermarket cable does that mean that I'm limited to the Ross-Tech lite software? And, does that also mean that it's actually totally useless to me since the lite software does not work on Can-Bus cars? Or, does everyone here just universally agree that if you're going to do this stuff at all either get the real deal or forget about it?

Skitals

Ready to race!
You are paying for the software, not the cable. Aftermarket/Chinese cables come with no software, or illegal pirated software. You need to pay to play.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2