GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST vs. Stage 1 APR We shall soon find out

99bajakid

Ready to race!
focus st will have 250 horsepower that is coming to america, I'm not so sure if the stage 1 could beat that...thats just my guess

if you know anything about ford you'd know they tend to fudge the hp/torque rating on their vehicles. The focus st might have 250 hp at the crank (doubtful) but nowhere near the 250 wheel hp of a stage 1 GTI.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
if you know anything about ford you'd know they tend to fudge the hp/torque rating on their vehicles. The focus st might have 250 hp at the crank (doubtful) but nowhere near the 250 wheel hp of a stage 1 GTI.

Since when does a stage 1 GTI have 250whp? It's more like 220.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
"10% driveline loss added"

Reading comprehension is useful. ;)

cant read what you dont see. Sorry if i missed 5pt font.

so with that said gti stage 1 still has more hp than a stock focus st. I guarantee you the focus ST does not have 250 crank hp.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

99bajakid

Ready to race!
244 hp is not exactly 250 crank hp ;) math iz hard

99bajakid

Ready to race!
35 edition has a K04 and the older FSI same as the current golf R

ah, that explains it. I didn't know the 35 edition was any different. then the regular gti's

in that case:

2011 Volkswagon GTI 0-60 mph 6.4

(same site)

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
99bajakid, please do a little research before you post comments. You have consistently posted incorrect statements and had to be corrected numerous times. Please read up on the Focus ST 2.0L engine and their Borg Warner K03 and then do the same for your TSI engine, you will notice they are very similar. Do a small amount of research and you will save us all the headache of having to correct you.

Xtreme1

Ready to race!
99bajakid, please do a little research before you post comments. You have consistently posted incorrect statements and had to be corrected numerous times. Please read up on the Focus ST 2.0L engine and their Borg Warner K03 and then do the same for your TSI engine, you will notice they are very similar. Do a small amount of research and you will save us all the headache of having to correct you.

ssjneko

Since when did you become a moderator ? Seriously !

56 posts and telling people what to do in regards to posting.

Maybe he does need to read up a bit and think before his posts. But come on leave that job to the mods and work on getting your post count up before telling other members what to do.

manny2206

Ready to race!
We determine that apr claims 250hp, what is whp at a 10% drive train lost, so we say 10/100 = 0.1% that times 250 = 25 so whp is 250-25 - 225whp