GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST vs. Stage 1 APR We shall soon find out

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
I can't wait! My brother just placed his order for his Focus ST today. They say about 6 weeks and it will be here. He's not experienced with a stick shift at all but I can't wait to see how his car will handle/perform. I still love my GTI though and probably will find enough wrong with his that I'll still be able to enjoy my car.

I know you guys seem to post a lot of "who do you think will win" posts, so this is mine. I know something about the ST had been posted already but I'll have the real experience sometime in the next 2 months I hope.

-Mark

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
i expect those ST's to be really nice cars. ive driven a couple of base focuses and they really arent that bad, ford is stepping it up with new cars.

im sure they are going to be faster than a GTI and probably will be great for daily cars.
it might be the new GTI killer. (until the new gen gti is released)

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
In theory the ST should win over the GTI.Stage II would be a different story..

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
The Camaro should take the win.

oh wait...
i ment bmw 335.. no wait thats not right...

defiantly the Revo tuned chevy focus Sti, Yeah that ones gonna win big time bro.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I believe so too.. especially with a Stage 1 tune. Our cars are about 100 pounds lighter which makes a little difference.

Focus ST's have K04's right? Man they might be monsters with a good tune.

I doubt K04... the published torque curves for the engine indicate torque characteristics more consistent with the K03. Plus there's this, but I have no idea what the source is. http://allenginelist.com/cars/2-0l-ecoboost-2013-ford-focus-st-engine-specs/

Why should we expect anything bigger than a K03? We all know how capable and reliable it is at feeding 18 psi into a 2.0L and moving 250 HP worth of air. I always just picture it as a 2.0TSI with Stage 1 stock.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
The Chevy HHR comes with a K04, why does it seem so out of the question for the Focus to have one?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Ecoboost V6: Dual Honeywell-Garrett GT15
I4 Ecoboost 2.0: Borg Warner K03 low inertia integrated turbo system
I4 Ecoboost 1.6: Borg Warner KP39 low inertia turbo

Dybz

Banned
Ecoboost V6: Dual Honeywell-Garrett GT15
I4 Ecoboost 2.0: Borg Warner K03 low inertia integrated turbo system
I4 Ecoboost 1.6: Borg Warner KP39 low inertia turbo

clearly the ST will be a true racecar.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I can't wait! My brother just placed his order for his Focus ST today. They say about 6 weeks and it will be here. He's not experienced with a stick shift at all but I can't wait to see how his car will handle/perform. I still love my GTI though and probably will find enough wrong with his that I'll still be able to enjoy my car.

I know you guys seem to post a lot of "who do you think will win" posts, so this is mine. I know something about the ST had been posted already but I'll have the real experience sometime in the next 2 months I hope.

-Mark

Well that alone will be interesting... Poor ST:laugh:

Mantooth

Ready to race!
Seriously, you should really convince him to learn stick on a different car. No need to burn a clutch out at 1000 miles.

Even the shittiest of drivers would find this difficult to do, no? Or do they just make all clutches out of balsa wood these days? Thought it was only GTIs...

I feel like I stalled a whole lot more than I rode the clutch when I was learning. Everyone is different I suppose.

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
He has an understanding of the stick shift since that's all I owned up to this GTI but he just hasn't driven one consistently. I think he'll be fine. To find out which one is faster I think I may drive his while he drives mine. I just found out it may be a little longer because they are having issues with distribution of the HID headlights which is part of the package he ordered :-/