GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

clownish

just clowning around
:w00t:

Just go easy when applying heat to the area, keep checking at the leather to ensure you are not going to over do it (burn it). I can keep applying heat to the area, but it give it a rest for the moment. I want to do some cleaning and conditioning at the leather seats. So, for today it was enough.

Good tips. I'll update when I try this - I've got two cars that could use some crease removal.

I realized a few months ago that when you drop the backseats, you're kinda supposed to remove the rear bench instead of letting the buckles just press into the foam - but no one actually does that. Then the rear seat would be totally flat instead of just kinda sitting up and flattening into the rear bench.

Phur

Autocross Champion
That's bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I wish that there was a more cosmetically pleasing solution for the secondary air intake. Anyone have any ideas?

Renck

Ready to race!
I installed my intake this morning after I got home from work.

Thank thing is sexy as hell!

So, what do you think so far? I know, I know you just recently installed it, but give us your initial impressions.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Thank thing is sexy as hell!

So, what do you think so far? I know, I know you just recently installed it, but give us your initial impressions.

I've only been out with the family thus far so I haven't really been able to fully compare yet. It seems to have helped with throttle response a bit. Everything also seems a bit smoother. It's pretty quiet but I don't mind that. I think it still sounds good. And I agree... it's pretty damn sexy. I'm glad I waited.

Btw, I'm still on the old APR stage 1 tune. Hopefully that will change soon.

Last edited:

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Thank you. I wish that there was a more cosmetically pleasing solution for the secondary air intake. Anyone have any ideas?

Just tuck it under somewhere with a zip tie. It's only used when you start the car so you don't need crazy air flow to it or anything. Just make sure it's not getting super dirty or wet.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Okay. Thank you.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

how long is the tube for the second filter? flexible? would it reach out by the fog light area?

Phur

Autocross Champion
how long is the tube for the second filter? flexible? would it reach out by the fog light area?

I will have to assess tomorrow. I went out for a milk run earlier. I'm very impressed.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
installed my COBB access-port waiting on my stratified first tune iteration. So for now riding around on Cobb Stage 2 tune.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Renck

Ready to race!
I've only been out with the family thus far so I haven't really been able to fully compare yet. It seems to have helped with throttle response a bit. Everything also seems a bit smoother. It's pretty quiet but I don't mind that. I think it still sounds good. And I agree... it's pretty damn sexy. I'm glad I waited.

Btw, I'm still on the old APR stage 1 tune. Hopefully that will change soon.

Nice! I'm seriously thinking of buying one too. No tune at the car yet. So many possibilities and here I'm without money.........bummer!

I will have to assess tomorrow. I went out for a milk run earlier. I'm very impressed.

Milk? Is that your excuse?

:thumbsup:

New wheel and tire setup reached me today. Time for some hoonage

I demand more pics! Congrats.

installed my COBB access-port waiting on my stratified first tune iteration. So for now riding around on Cobb Stage 2 tune.

Sweet.......congrats too!

Did you purchase a brand new unit or used one? What else do you have at your car? Aftermarket air intake, downpipe, cat-back?

What do you think so far?