GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
:w00t:
2011 water pump. Not leaking anywhere. Probably the thermostat but I'll pit in a new pump anyway. And have IE tune. Wondering if it's the dv+ with the tune.

Could be the dv+ Not an uncommon code to throw with it. Might be worth checking that to see if you busted an oring.

Another thing I read about was the n75 Westgate solenoid repacement fixing such codes.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
2011 water pump. Not leaking anywhere. Probably the thermostat but I'll pit in a new pump anyway. And have IE tune. Wondering if it's the dv+ with the tune.

The one code seems to be water pump related from what I've looked up. How long have you had the IE tune? Thoughts on the tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
installed this week-end

finally installed the rear badge , put down some C-fiber wrap with the gloss black emblem on top.

Attachments

• IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 127

Krog29

Ready to race!
The one code seems to be water pump related from what I've looked up. How long have you had the IE tune? Thoughts on the tune?

Been doing some research and to me with the symptoms seems like the thermostat. Wondering if I can replace it without taking the manifold off and waterpump off. Or just replace it with an updated pump. I love IEs tune had apr stage 1 for about 2 or 3 years then switched and went stage 2 with IE.

Erick666

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the 034 aluminum dogbone mount insert installed. Quick and easy install. Only additional noticeable NVH is accelerating from a stop. DSG shifting and general smoothness during acceleration GREATLY improved. APR DSG tune sport mode was much better than the stock tune, but rough/jerky from a stand still. That is no longer the case. Very impressed.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
P2015 intake manifold code popped up, taking her to dealer tomorrow in hopes of it being covered under warranty

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
P2015 intake manifold code popped up, taking her to dealer tomorrow in hopes of it being covered under warranty

As long as you are under 125k they do it for free. They pushed back on me because of mods, but I pushed on it being a know issue and not related to my mods. They did it for free and I paid 200 bucks to have them clean the carbon build up while they had it off.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
finally installed the rear badge , put down some C-fiber wrap with the gloss black emblem on top.

:thumbsup: I have the exact same setup. Looks great on a black car.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
As long as you are under 125k they do it for free. They pushed back on me because of mods, but I pushed on it being a know issue and not related to my mods. They did it for free and I paid 200 bucks to have them clean the carbon build up while they had it off.

Great info! Appreciate it man

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Been doing some research and to me with the symptoms seems like the thermostat. Wondering if I can replace it without taking the manifold off and waterpump off. Or just replace it with an updated pump. I love IEs tune had apr stage 1 for about 2 or 3 years then switched and went stage 2 with IE.

Good to hear! Would you describe it as smooth and linear or aggressive and punchy?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

not too bad for the cleaning. hope they took before and after pics for you.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yesterday after work I used the OEM jack for the first time.

not for my car though. some guy at my work had a flat he wanted to shange before his shift started (as i was leaving) and had taken his (subaru wagony kinda thing) car jack and put it on the underside of the car, "on the frame", as he put it. Now many of you know how to place the jack properly. this was about 8-10 inches further in from where it was "supposed" to be. he needed my jack because his car had tipped the jack over and his wheel, lugless, was the only thing keeping that corner of the car off the ground.

I handed my jack to the guy and some others who i thought knew what they were doing... apparently i was the only one who knew how to get the jack properly placed to change a damn tire. i got the thing off the ground and stood back again to let them figure that shit out. and yes they put the donut tire on the turning wheel. i feel bad about not saying something about that. oh well.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
not too bad for the cleaning. hope they took before and after pics for you.

Sadly I didn't ask them to take pics, I should have. I wasn't even thinking about it after arguing with them about the "mods" BS.

kri$han

Passed Driver's Ed
(Okay, it was technically yesterday), but my wife and I replaced our dear 2010 mk6 GTi with a brand-spanking new 2017 mk7 GTi Performance edition :happyanim:

She's never had a new car, and I haven't bought a new car since 2001 LOL Good times! Looking forward to a few years without car issues.

We were the second owner of our 2010 GTi, and it only gave us very minor issues for the 2 years we had her. She will be missed... a little.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for providing me with valuable information!

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
(Okay, it was technically yesterday), but my wife and I replaced our dear 2010 mk6 GTi with a brand-spanking new 2017 mk7 GTi Performance edition :happyanim:

She's never had a new car, and I haven't bought a new car since 2001 LOL Good times! Looking forward to a few years without car issues.

We were the second owner of our 2010 GTi, and it only gave us very minor issues for the 2 years we had her. She will be missed... a little.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for providing me with valuable information!

Enjoy! Jealous! The Mk7 has a lot of potential for extra power and speed!