GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
If it helps any I bought Mevius lug bolts for my AMG wheels that were 40mm shank length. Worked perfectly. :thumbsup:

pikolog

Passed Driver's Ed
another random, possibly stupid, question. After finishing a turn when the turn signal is cancelling automatically, if you try to set the signal again almost the same time it is cancelling you'll hear an unpleasant loud click. I did that a few times, every thing is working, but I'm curious if it's possible to break the inner springs or something by doing something like that.

Right now, then I set the turn signal it starts (regular) turn signal clicking. As soon as I start turning the wheel I head an additional much silent single click sound. And if I'm making a sharp turn, (u-turn or something) and turning the wheel until the end I hear a second silent click sound. I'm not sure if I explained clearly, but does it sound normal? Function wise it's all working. Turn signal cancels after the turn. I think I become a little ocd on the clicking sounds after forcing the turn signal stalk as I explained above.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
another random, possibly stupid, question. After finishing a turn when the turn signal is cancelling automatically, if you try to set the signal again almost the same time it is cancelling you'll hear an unpleasant loud click. I did that a few times, every thing is working, but I'm curious if it's possible to break the inner springs or something by doing something like that.

Right now, then I set the turn signal it starts (regular) turn signal clicking. As soon as I start turning the wheel I head an additional much silent single click sound. And if I'm making a sharp turn, (u-turn or something) and turning the wheel until the end I hear a second silent click sound. I'm not sure if I explained clearly, but does it sound normal? Function wise it's all working. Turn signal cancels after the turn. I think I become a little ocd on the clicking sounds after forcing the turn signal stalk as I explained above.

I do this every once is a while. I react like I'm grinding a gear. WHOOPS.

The silent click is normal, I think. The loud one is, ouch.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

1st paragraph: I cringe at that loud click, too. It's never caused a problem for me, however. I think the stalks are fairly robust.

2nd paragraph: The soft clicks are the wheel reaching the point where the signal will cancel when the wheel is straightened. In other words, if you don't turn the wheel enough to hear the soft click, the signal won't cancel. There are click 2 points in the motion of the wheel. Every car I've owned (all VW) have done this. Completely normal.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
For anybody that has done an OEM xenon swap that kept their midline CECM do the lights work without VCDS coding at all? I would like to install them as soon as the Kufatec adapters come in but I don't have a VCDS cable and I don't know when I would be able to meet up with my closest forum member that has a cable. Thanks in advance.

HMCS JK

I have a bizarre issue in my R.

I was talking on the phone yesterday and turned on my car so it could connect my call via Bluetooth. Subsequently, whenever I get in my car and turn it on, the head unit thinks I'm on that same call and mutes the music. I've tried "hanging up" (I've verified that the phone isn't making a call) through the touchscreen and the steering wheel buttons and nothing happens. The only way to fix it is by turning BT off on my phone and leaving it off; as soon as I turn it back on, the head unit immediately says ongoing call and mutes the music.

Any ideas? Oh, the head unit is the non-Nav version (unsure of the model).

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Maybe try iniciatiting a call through your phone while connected to the car through Bluetooth. If that does not work try going to settings if possible and delete your phones profile and reconnect afterwards. If that doesn't work you're going to have to get a different phone and delete the profile that is having problems then reconnect it.

If none of the above works I don't know what would.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Quick question for dsg. I know you can freely move from D to S while driving, so I was doing that today. Accidentally went to N while moving but put it straight to D after. Should I be worried about anything happening? I doubt it but I just want to make sure lol..

WAP

Go Kart Champion
No, you're fine.

Sent from my balls

Yea, you're fine.

Several times I'd go to upshift, forgetting I'm still in D, and accidentally throw it into neutral instead of the next gear up. The following then happens simultaneously:

Revs jump
I Swear
Foot off the gas
Gearshift goes down and to the right then up.

This usually happens in the morning on the way to work when I'm not yet awake and alert. :laugh:

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Spark Plugs

What NGK platinum o iridium spark plugs fit in a 2.5? (links if you could please)