GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the weights are definitely NOT the kind of "stickers" I was insisting you remove haha

spitcaustic

I have a something I was wondering about.
Why is it, after a cold start, I do not seem to have rev hang?
But, once the car warms up, the rev hang starts to happen?
Maybe you live in a cold enviornment but have a very warm garage?

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I have a something I was wondering about.
Why is it, after a cold start, I do not seem to have rev hang?
But, once the car warms up, the rev hang starts to happen?

Internal frictions are higher because the engine is cold and the oil is colder/ thicker.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I do not have combustion and engine knowledge. I figured initially fluids are warming and trying to flow. But it is night and day with the rev hang as the car warms up.
Thought rev hang was software thing that's why I am trying to understand. Your software doesn't have to "warm up"?:iono:

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
He's asking because for him its the opposite

not being a dick at all but I don't understand what you mean. I thought he meant the rev hang gets worse as his car warmed up, right? that's normal.

I do not have combustion and engine knowledge. I figured initially fluids are warming and trying to flow. But it is night and day with the rev hang as the car warms up.
Thought rev hang was software thing that's why I am trying to understand. Your software doesn't have to "warm up"?:iono:

it is mainly software to keep the primary catalyst warm but when the engine is that cold the "mechanics" (for lack of a better word) basically "override" it and pull the revs down anyway.

you are saying when your engine is cold it isn't really there but once it warms up the rev hang becomes more prominent, correct? if so that's normal. if it is the other way around (gets better/ less rev hang as the engine warms up) then that is not normal, at least not as far as I know.

Last edited:

spitcaustic

not being a dick at all but I don't understand what you mean. I thought he meant the rev hang gets worse as his car warmed up, right? that's normal.

it is mainly software to keep the primary catalyst warm but when the engine is that cold the mechanics basically "override" it and pull the revs down anyway.

you are saying when your engine is cold it isn't really there but once it warms up the rev hang becomes more prominent, correct? if so that's normal. if it is the other way around (gets better/ less rev hang as the engine warms up) then that is not normal, at least not as far as I know.
Sorry mate... I'm the one who had it the other way around. My car's always weird when cold gets better as it warms.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
43mm ball seat supposedly but I wish I knew how to confirm it besides actually buying a 43mm bolt and test fitting it.

1. grab your stock wheel (off the car) and put your stock lug through the wheel.
2. grab your benz wheel (off the car) and fit the stock lug through.
3. measure the difference in length of the amount of lug stick through.
4. purchase extended lugs that make up that difference in length.

mlody91

Ready to race!
1. grab your stock wheel (off the car) and put your stock lug through the wheel.
2. grab your benz wheel (off the car) and fit the stock lug through.
3. measure the difference in length of the amount of lug stick through.
4. purchase extended lugs that make up that difference in length.

Got it:thumbsup: