GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

goose1

Ready to race!
And there any differences in the rear bumpers of a GTI/TDI/Golf other than the valence?

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I am guessing here but:
Higher engine room ambient temperature due to the turbo, combined with less space between the vent and the heat source affecting the temperature of the air coming into the cabin.

I notice this, too. I think this is a good guess, plus I would also add that the engine compartment is pretty well sealed from air flow, with that big gasket on the rain tray. I would guess, and it's just a guess, that those who switched to Modshack's lower profile gasket would get cooler ambient intake air through the vents.

goose1

Ready to race!
Not that I've noticed I've had the low profile gasket and a modified stock one and I've no noticed any major difference

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Not that I've noticed I've had the low profile gasket and a modified stock one and I've no noticed any major difference

Well never mind then. LOL

Bad guess, I suppose.

mlody91

Ready to race!

Trying to see if I can use these on my mk6.

Specs: 5x112 ET35 16x7"

I know I need 66.6 to 57.1 rings and most likely 43 mm ball seat bolts.

Hoping to put on 205/55/16 tires on these.

Question is - Am I missing anything and can someone confirm that I've got all the right specs to fit these wheels on my GTI?

Thanks ahead of time and may the boost be with you.

PS im at stock height so I don't think I'll have any issues with the 35 offset

Hoping to upgrade to B8s and DG springs or HPA coils one day though. Will I see rubbing then?

Last edited:

karter5

Passed Driver's Ed
Should i buy a skid plate for my golf? Im lowered on h&r sport cup kit (~2inch drop) and this will be my first winter, i'm wondering what the chances of the plastic underbelly getting ripped off from the snow. Anyone experience this?

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Should i buy a skid plate for my golf? Im lowered on h&r sport cup kit (~2inch drop) and this will be my first winter, i'm wondering what the chances of the plastic underbelly getting ripped off from the snow. Anyone experience this?

Stock height is pretty low, 2" lower and you will def be scraping in the snow. It all depends on how deep of snow you drive through.

I have driven through snow where I was plowing it with the bumper and it did not do any damage to the plastic belly pan.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
So my passenger LED turn signal on the mirror housing isn't working :( out of warranty, any ideas? Driver side is working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
So my passenger LED turn signal on the mirror housing isn't working :( out of warranty, any ideas? Driver side is working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So all of the LED's don't work? Check connector inside mirror?