GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

tonymk6

Ready to race!
Is Eurojet out of business? I want to finally buy their catback and I can't find it anywhere ..

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
If I am tuned and use the valet key, does it work as intended at limiting revs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I don't know which tune you have but with APR you switch to the valet mode then it doesn't matter which key you use.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
"item is currently out of stock" says the same thing on every site.

shit, missed that. sorry.

looks like maybe they went belly-up? that or theyre revamping thier website and moving forward to the mk7 platform stuff.

IIRC eurojet is owned by REVO - their site has nothing.

tonymk6

Ready to race!
shit, missed that. sorry.

looks like maybe they went belly-up? that or theyre revamping thier website and moving forward to the mk7 platform stuff.

IIRC eurojet is owned by REVO - their site has nothing.

all good, but that sucks ass lol. I've been waiting to get that catback for a log time. Well if anyone wants to part ways with their Eurojet catback you know who to contact :lol:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
all good, but that sucks ass lol. I've been waiting to get that catback for a log time. Well if anyone wants to part ways with their Eurojet catback you know who to contact :lol:
that sucks... but as the saying goes "ya snooze ya lose"

KDOG1

Ready to race!
so iam not sure about clearance since I have never messed with suspension on any of my previous cars(Cadillac deville and chevy suburban haha) so i have a few questions, i just got the wheel and tire measurements on my gti and not sure what i could drop to without running into issues of rubbing or bottoming out, i know i want to get coilovers but not sure how much of a drop i can handle like without having too much issues?
I have OZ racing superturismo GT 19in wheels with 225/40 continental extreme contact tires, there is about a 2 inch gap if looking at from the side of the fender to the top of the tire heres a picture, dont know if it helps. appreciate any input.

http://imgur.com/a/vRfp8

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
so iam not sure about clearance since I have never messed with suspension on any of my previous cars(Cadillac deville and chevy suburban haha) so i have a few questions, i just got the wheel and tire measurements on my gti and not sure what i could drop to without running into issues of rubbing or bottoming out, i know i want to get coilovers but not sure how much of a drop i can handle like without having too much issues?

I have OZ racing superturismo GT 19in wheels with 225/40 continental extreme contact tires, there is about a 2 inch gap if looking at from the side of the fender to the top of the tire heres a picture, dont know if it helps. appreciate any input.

http://imgur.com/a/vRfp8

If you're going to gets coils do it right the first time. Or something like H&R sport springs would probably get you what you're looking for at 1/4 the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDOG1

Ready to race!
If you're going to gets coils do it right the first time. Or something like H&R sport springs would probably get you what you're looking for at 1/4 the price.

I thought about that, but I am on 76K on original suspension so it would be better to replace it all, and pay for one install and get nice coils once.. I'm not sure how far I could drop it without running into rubbing/bottoming out is what im curious about and narrowing my coil selection from there,I want it mainly performance, but aesthetic imptovements is a plus

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I thought about that, but I am on 76K on original suspension so it would be better to replace it all, and pay for one install and get nice coils once.. I'm not sure how far I could drop it without running into rubbing/bottoming out is what im curious about and narrowing my coil selection from there,I want it mainly performance, but aesthetic imptovements is a plus

Track days, autocross? Or nah? Lol. Do you care about being able to adjust the rebound on shocks? That'll help narrow down what's out there, and how much $$$$ you'll be dishing out lol.

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Track days, autocross? Or nah? Lol. Do you care about being able to adjust the rebound on shocks? That'll help narrow down what's out there, and how much $$$$ you'll be dishing out lol.

Maybe track days in the future when I have everything performance wise, want to reduce the roll and feel the ground better, spirited street driving mainly, certain turns i am hesitant to go quicker because of the roll and i dont feel planted, scary feeling, so suspension is my next mod before stage 2 and I thought about that, does it really make a major difference getting the adjustable? I don't see myself trying to mess with that, or learning how to adjust them properly is really the answer lol.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe track days in the future when I have everything performance wise, want to reduce the roll and feel the ground better, spirited street driving mainly, certain turns i am hesitant to go quicker because of the roll and i dont feel planted, scary feeling, so suspension is my next mod before stage 2 and I thought about that, does it really make a major difference getting the adjustable? I don't see myself trying to mess with that, or learning how to adjust them properly is really the answer lol.

Driving your car stock on track is rewarding, you learn how to adapt to the car as it is, then as you upgrade you notice the improvements. Just my opinion tho. There really isn't much body roll on the stock suspension. And if you don't feel like messing with shock adjustments I'd still go the springs and shocks route. Easier and wayyy cheaper IMO lol. Just gotta look at drop in inches and figure out what kind of springs you would want. Otherwise, for coils I was looking at the Billstein set. One of them, all of them look damn good, H&R ones go super low IIRC.