GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

tonymk6

Ready to race!
They are definitely stiffer over stock you'll like them.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Really? I was hoping for about the same or even a little more comfy. Not to say that they aren't comfy now I love how it rides. I just know I have to replace them soon.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Really? I was hoping for about the same or even a little more comfy. Not to say that they aren't comfy now I love how it rides. I just know I have to replace them soon.
They will feel better because they will absorb more (i said stiffer but this is what I meant) Urotuning sells h&r springs with koni str.t struts as a cup kit. It's been said the Koni str.t struts are a great addition to any lowering spring setup. H&R, DG, VWR. They will be a definite improvement. Stock struts were engineered for stock springs and are known to have low lifespan and harsher ride if used with lowering springs and can even blow out.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

It's not a comfy ride by any means. Feel everything in the road. Even more so with summer tires now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
is the radio code supposed to be written in the manual? If so, can someone please tell me where? On a specific page or something? The only thing I can find is that my code is stored in the vehicle and to contact the dealer if I need it. Is it going to be a pain getting the code from the dealer I leased/purchased the car from?

Call the dealer that originally took delivery of the vehicle and/or PDI'd it and they should have it on file :thumbsup:
(they're supposed to write it down/document it)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yea so even with the serial number I need to bring the car in for them to scan so they can provide the radio code. Unbelievable

call another dealer.

JKoehle

Ready to race!
Is there a "best" source for OE parts? I think it's finally time to replace my front bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
Yea so even with the serial number I need to bring the car in for them to scan so they can provide the radio code. Unbelievable

That's a load of crap, they absolutely do NOT need to scan your car for anything. All the codes are in a centralized database, they just need the Serial# and VIN#.

Ive changed out and/or sold 3 different radios for VWs, and what Ive found is some dealers are complete idiots and just refuse to be even a little helpful.

The dealership closest to me told me I had the wrong Serial # and that I had to bring it in. (I didnt. I had already done this twice before and knew exactly what I needed.)
Even after sending them a picture of the radio with the Serial #, they tried to say thats not the Serial # :mad0259: So yeah, some are idiots..

Luckily Ive found a good dealer that makes it super easy and will look it right up and have it for you in under a min.

Call (866) 307-7922, thats for North Penn Imports VW, where I get all my radio codes from.

Just have the Serial # and VIN # assoc with that radio ready and they will look it right up no questions asked.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Just called 3 more dealerships. One told me they had to scan the car and one idiot actually told me the code was on the back of the radio and only they could pull it out. Waiting for a call back from a dealership who sounds like they will help. Hopefully the 4th one is a charm. Would an out of state dealership would help? No one has asked so far if the car was purchased thru them.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just called 3 more dealerships. One told me they had to scan the car and one idiot actually told me the code was on the back of the radio and only they could pull it out. Waiting for a call back from a dealership who sounds like they will help. Hopefully the 4th one is a charm. Would an out of state dealership would help? No one has asked so far if the car was purchased thru them.

It shouldn't matter if they can do it over the phone what does it matter where you are.

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie

It shouldn't matter if they can do it over the phone what does it matter where you are.

Yup doesnt matter. Not sure why your wasting your time calling around, just call the dealer # I posted above. You dont even have to mention where your located.
My buddies called and got a radio code from that dealership when he lived all the way across the country in Cali.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Yup doesnt matter. Not sure why your wasting your time calling around, just call the dealer # I posted above. You dont even have to mention where your located.
My buddies called and got a radio code from that dealership when he lived all the way across the country in Cali.
Haha this shit is gold. For those reasons I'm super happy I've found a little shop in my town all German car focused and most of their techs drive audi/vw. Dealerships just suck. They might have good techs but the people doing all the interactions are just paid to follow whatever shenanigans they are told to follow to get people through the door. They aren't paid to think or even be knowledgeable.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion

they gave me the radio code no questions asked. I appreciate you providing that phone number. I would advise everyone to write that number down (866-307-7922)

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
they gave me the radio code no questions asked. I appreciate you providing that phone number. I would advise everyone to write that number down (866-307-7922)

Nice, glad to hear it worked out for you! North Penn Imports is a pretty sweet VW Dealer, and they are actually helpful unlike most.

On the other hand, this further proves how fucked-up/shitty/careless/total idiots the majority of other dealerships are..

They have access to the EXACT SAME Radio Code Database that NP Imports VW does, and as easily as they looked up and provided you the Radio Code, any of those other dealerships you called first could have as well.. They just choose not to for reasons Ill never understand...:iono:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
They have access to the EXACT SAME Radio Code Database that NP Imports VW does, and as easily as they looked up and provided you the Radio Code, any of those other dealerships you called first could have as well.. They just choose not to for reasons Ill never understand...:iono:

It's why I don't even bother with the dealership. Even when I was under warranty if something was wrong I took it to the indie shop I've used for years. Anytime I call the dealer it's like talking to a bunch of idiots on their first day on the job. I'd rather pay him than have free work done by VW.