GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 MK6 vs. 2009 Civic Si (FA5)

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
One of my good friends (here we go haha) had a 2011 si with pswd jdm intake, flashpro, header, vibrant catback, and a couple of other small things (intake spacer etc.) And dyno'd at 225 hp. Now it is a dyno so take it for what it is but damn that car was very quick.

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
One of my good friends (here we go haha) had a 2011 si with pswd jdm intake, flashpro, header, vibrant catback, and a couple of other small things (intake spacer etc.) And dyno'd at 225 hp. Now it is a dyno so take it for what it is but damn that car was very quick.

That is pretty impressive for an NA motor, but all GTIs need to achieve that is a tune.
Stock vs. stock if you read any car mag and look at the comparisons the GTI is quicker in every test. The manual trans cars the Civic might be very close, but DSGs have an advantage. There is always the driver mod to consider in these threads :D

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
I ate a loud FA5 (was it modded? maybe; it was dark) in my cornjuiced Mazdaspeed 3 a few years back. 'Tis was lots of fun because at the beginning boyo was all :D :fighting0030: :D but by the time we finished he was :mad0259: :mad: :cry:

I miss that car... and its ability to be fun only in a straight line...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Enjoy beating them now. It's going to get a lot harder to in the next generation.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
more concerned about the comparision between mk7 stock vs mk6 stage 1. still think mk6 s1 is gonna creep on mk7. soon the videos will be pouring in.

I'm talking vs. the MK7 as well.

But with your comparison, the engine will not be much different. USA won't get the nifty multiport injection, slide rotary water pump, or even valvelift(pending). So even a stage 1 MKV vs. stage 1 mk7 will be about the same power but the weight difference (if any) will determine the race.

However, if a user will buy stage 1 for their MK6 who says they won't for the MK7?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I'm talking vs. the MK7 as well.

But with your comparison, the engine will not be much different. USA won't get the nifty multiport injection, slide rotary water pump, or even valvelift(pending). So even a stage 1 MKV vs. stage 1 mk7 will be about the same power but the weight difference (if any) will determine the race.

However, if a user will buy stage 1 for their MK6 who says they won't for the MK7?

hopefully the broke owner of the mk7 who paid full inflated price on the new model release...:laugh:

cannot wait to see one in person, from pictures and videos it looks kinda bland. full us spec is what will really be the deciding factors. watch it come to usa and be only 50 lbs lighter, tons of options missing, led tails not standard etc

CarEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
I ate a loud FA5 (was it modded? maybe; it was dark) in my cornjuiced Mazdaspeed 3 a few years back. 'Tis was lots of fun because at the beginning boyo was all :D :fighting0030: :D but by the time we finished he was :mad0259: :mad: :cry:

I miss that car... and its ability to be fun only in a straight line...

LOL @ a speed3

:threadjacked:

DarkDub

Passed Driver's Ed
Please. When I started stating facts you were quiet real quick. I'll be the first one to admit a better performing car when I see one. Sorry to say, the GTI isn't one.

No offense to anyone. I'm sure most of the more knowledgeable people on this forum already know this.

Ahaha this guy is so sad, for any civic owner that thinks they have a performance car superior to a GTI is smoking pole. NO civic will EVER be chased by a 911 gt3 as im about to show in this video. Your civic is NOT a performance car that can complete with us, so please just stop... even though this is a mk5.

-Edit im slow, this is old and the guy im flaming is banned.

Last edited:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Ahaha this guy is so sad, for any civic owner that thinks they have a performance car superior to a GTI is smoking pole. NO civic will EVER be chased by a 911 gt3 as im about to show in this video. Your civic is NOT a performance car that can complete with us, so please just stop... even though this is a mk5.

dawm that mk5!!

dude needs a GoPro in his life though. :laugh:

CarEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
whats that supposed to mean!? lol

Just not a fan. They can be pretty quick for pretty cheap... A friend of mine had one with a i/dp/tune and ran 12s. But sold it because his turbo hondas were way faster, less finicky, and more fun to drive. To each his own though.

CarEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed

:laugh: Get real.

You're right about the civic not being a performance car. But as far as not being able to compete with the GTI, that's hilarious.

Hell, my old set up was average by modded 8th gen standards and it would have absolutely destroyed any GTI without a ko4... and was just as fast if not faster than most ko4 GTIs.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: Get real.

You're right about the civic not being a performance car. But as far as not being able to compete with the GTI, that's hilarious.

Hell, my old set up was average by modded 8th gen standards and it would have absolutely destroyed any GTI without a ko4... and was just as fast if not faster than most ko4 GTIs.

What mods? (Honest question, I swear!)