GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 MK6 vs. 2009 Civic Si (FA5)

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I don't think they'll ever turbo the base FRS/BRZ, but there is a supposed STI version that will undoubtedly have more power. At what cost, is the question.

if they turbo either of these cars I would seriously considering taking a hit on trading in my GTI early and jump into one of those. It would be a seriously fund car to drive.

Too bad Honda never came out with a Turbo S2000, that would also be a seriously fun car to drive.

CarEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
Also for me - I don't like buying new if I can avoid it - too much of a hit on depreciation but when talking about newer rides like the Focus ST or the FRS/BRZ - doesn't make sense to spend the little bit extra to know you are the only one that has driven it.

Agreed. There is much of a hit to be taken on depreciation. A lot just depends on what you can find available, and at what price. My Si I bought new, but it was also a hell of a deal, so I never regretted it.

if they turbo either of these cars I would seriously considering taking a hit on trading in my GTI early and jump into one of those. It would be a seriously fund car to drive.

Too bad Honda never came out with a Turbo S2000, that would also be a seriously fun car to drive.

It would of been a lot of fun. That's why I feel so obliged to buy one and turbo it myself :laugh:

It's a shame the rwd turbo sports car died off so promptly in the 2000s.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
glad youre back. the whole point of the vs section is to compare your car to others. if you don't want to hear it compared or someone else's views then don't read. make sense? i actually liked learning about the si and it's options. i guess i was one of the few actually digging and figuring stuff out during the debate.

and subaru has confirmed they will not turbo the fr-s because they want to keep it separate from the wrx line but the turbo kits now are easily obtainable. i just don't think you get much for the cost since they still aren't all that fast in a straight line.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Also for me - I don't like buying new if I can avoid it - too much of a hit on depreciation but when talking about newer rides like the Focus ST or the FRS/BRZ - doesn't make sense to spend the little bit extra to know you are the only one that has driven it.

it's really not to hard to find lease turn-ins. both cars have been out for a while. my car was a company car lease turn-in that i got certified pre owned and it was a year and a half old. but granted it'll be harder to find a br-z or st that was babied for 1-2 years.

quality_sound

hmm.......
The S2k is a great car. There aren't exactly a ton of reasonably priced, 50/50 sports cars out there, let a lone with with the potential of making immense amounts of power at a reasonable price.

I love BMWs. I'd daily a 335 in a heart beat. But the reliability of BMW these day is shit. That's all there is to it. My 18 year old bimmer has far less problems than some of the peoples I know with new ones.

The mini is a fun little car, but just not for me.

Out of every car on your list, the GTI is easily the best daily driver, cost considering. I've said this many times, that if I was in the same position today as I was 5 years ago, looking for a new car, I would be in a Mk6 GTI and not a 9th gen civic.

My civic is still a blast to drive, all these years later. However, it is definitely time for me to get something new. I won't be selling the Si however (maybe going back to stock?). My next car will either be a new, nice performing, daily, or a project S2k or Cobra. The responsible side of me says to go with the daily, but every other part of me says to go with the fun car :23:

The reliability of BMWs that use a HPFP is shit. The M-series cars and anything without a turbo is solid. That's one reason I'm getting another E90 M3 instead of the F30.

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
Yup I reported him. The person who banned him did the same research I did and saw what I saw. Just trolling. If you don't believe me, go do your research if you still can on his previous account. He did almost nothing besides say how Honda products have better performance in all categories than VWs.

I don't see a problem w/ this. People who troll and go into forums looking to start an argument are pathetic. He should just go take this to a Honda forum.
As for the cars, all NA 4cyl engines have their limits.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I don't see a problem w/ this. People who troll and go into forums looking to start an argument are pathetic. He should just go take this to a Honda forum.
As for the cars, all NA 4cyl engines have their limits.

The thread is dying, quick Dr. GTI2.0, DEFIB!

quality_sound

hmm.......
My 07 Si was. Noticeably faster than my GTI, even after it was chipped. Though my GTI was a MkV. It was a DSG which should have helped but the Si was faster. Handled better too. Even had some of the best seats I've ever sat in for a car at any price. Kicked the piss out of my M3's seats.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
My 07 Si was. Noticeably faster than my GTI, even after it was chipped. Though my GTI was a MkV. It was a DSG which should have helped but the Si was faster. Handled better too. Even had some of the best seats I've ever sat in for a car at any price. Kicked the piss out of my M3's seats.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

lol

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Now this thread could get a little more interesting with Hondas new VTEC turbo series.

Give it a few years when they get the enthusiast vehicles out there.

J_Ralph91

Passed Driver's Ed
just putting this out there... Wow much interior, suck it honda boy we have seat warmers BASE! Lets just say our ~1500 price increase is based off the inside of our cars not looking like a retarded spaceshuttle that's awkward and uncomfortable. Also, plaid seats ftw. That is all. :):threadjacked:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer