GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Two-Piece OEM Caliper Big Brake Kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
The best priced brake kits on the market just got better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

WOW a 355 kit for $2,000?

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Question about the OEM BBK install. Wouldn't it be better to remove the dust shields instead of trimming them? Or are there some negatives to removing them?

Great question - It is better to use the dust shield and trim the small section needed for bracket installation. Please feel free to contact us directly as well for further questions. We also have our installation guide on the product page for reference.

Thank you

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Just off my memory, you can but you need to heat wrap all the wires so they don't get melted. The OEM shields are there for heat as well as dust.

Great question - It is better to use the dust shield and trim the small section needed for bracket installation. Please feel free to contact us directly as well for further questions. We also have our installation guide on the product page for reference.

Thank you

Maybe I'll just go ahead and do the trim. It would be nice to have extra cooling on the track though without the dust shields.

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
I just put up an initial review on these in this section if anyone is interested.

Winoman

Ready to race!
I know. Should have picked it up during their Xmas sale. $400 + free shipping!?!? Sale of the century right there.

Yeah I bought a set even though I probably won't put them on for (at least) several months...possibly even longer (not going to replace current stock brakes until I need to)

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
No plans of doing a rear set, Rotary, as there are many options our there already.

Something may come up, Rooster, ya never know :)