GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Two-Piece OEM Caliper Big Brake Kit

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. I will be in need of a brake upgrade sooner rather than later, and this is one of my first considerations.

Unsprung weight is the devil.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Agreed. I will be in need of a brake upgrade sooner rather than later, and this is one of my first considerations.

Unsprung weight is the devil.

It is. This would be a great way of reducing it, while increasing brake performance without breaking the bank.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I'm just curious to know all available info. Also curious to know the exact weights of these. Sorry if I missed that. How many lbs per side is saved?

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Hey everybody - we've been swamped around here today, so I haven't been able to spend much time on here...Getting ready for black friday :)

I will catch up with the discussion later, I appreciate everybody's input.

Zillon - Plenty of others looking for a "Gotcha" on this kit, they won't find one...I don't think anybody believes you are looking for one! Shoot me an email with any of your questions you may have on your exhaust as well so i can help you out. Jared@drivespm.com

Lilfleck - Earlier in this thread I posted pictures of our weights. An OEM MK5 rotor weighs in at 18.85lb, and our assembly (rotor and hat bolted fastened together as shipped) weighs in at 17.15lb.

Hope that helps, sorry if I missed something - will check back later.

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Superior interiorz, ramz, tintz brah, and balls.

There, we just summed up the entire forum in two posts.

Sorry for taking this thread so OT, Jared. Please continue putting out awesome products with great service.

No worries Petrol - thanks for the compliments, your contributions had been great :thumbsup:

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
For the record - if you were on the fence about these brakes - check our FB page and announcements...You will jump. Gotcha - thought you were going to pay retail...

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
BBK Christmas 2013.

dallen13

Ready to race!
Someone from SPM please call Kenny from VAGWERKs back tomorrow I'm trying to order through him and he wants to get them tomorrow.

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
dallen, VAGWERKs is not a distributor of ours. Can I help you?

We are just getting ready to announce some Christmas offerings.

dallen13

Ready to race!
dallen, VAGWERKs is not a distributor of ours. Can I help you?

We are just getting ready to announce some Christmas offerings.

I ended up going a different route but it seems like a great product!

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Merry Christmas!

Feel free to PM, email me at josh@drivespm.com, or call (304) 885-4311 x 1006 if you have any questions.

If you like Alcon BBKs stay tuned for our second announcement due this afternoon!

Last edited: