GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In the market, test drove a 2011 GTI and a 2011/2015 WRX. I'm shocked

jdgamble

Why am I a dick? Because I made a point that is not arguable?

You're a dick because you found one little statement in a post expressing enthusiasm about the car whose forum you are on and chose to laugh at a new owner/member just to make yourself feel smart/cool/clever, perhaps? Not sure on the psychology (it can't be good), but trust the consensus, you are a dick.

To OP - Congrats on your purchase. I had a 2015 WRX on order and went with a 14 Wolfsburg. It's not as fast, but it's much better in terms of refinement and value. My buddy with a 2013 WRX likes my car better than his, and he paid about $5K more.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Quoting sales guys is the equivalent of asking a pathological liar to recall a crime that he/she may have committed.

this^

To OP - Congrats on your purchase. I had a 2015 WRX on order and went with a 14 Wolfsburg. It's not as fast, but it's much better in terms of refinement and value. My buddy with a 2013 WRX likes my car better than his, and he paid about $5K more.

technically, the Subaru or a Honda Civic Si would hold value much better. Civic cheaper to buy initially, the GTI in the middle, and then probably the WRX. Refinement however, agreed.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

technically, the Subaru or a Honda Civic Si would hold value much better. Civic cheaper to buy initially, the GTI in the middle, and then probably the WRX. Refinement however, agreed.

I could be wrong, but I think he means better in terms of "bang for the buck" value, not resale value.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
It blows my mind how expensive used WRX/STI cars are. Absolutely ridiculous. Ricer tax I guess.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I could be wrong, but I think he means better in terms of "bang for the buck" value, not resale value.

that's probably ultimately up to the buyer, since we have non-tangible items as superior interior classification and driving "feel", which can vary from driver to driver. Otherwise, we already know the 2015 WRX outperforms any GTI pre-2015. That said, I am very intrigued by the 2015 GTI's performance and the performance pack (see link posted earlier) and super glad that reflex silver is back.. if it makes its way to the R , it's gonna be hard to pass it up :lol:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
that's probably ultimately up to the buyer, since we have non-tangible items as superior interior classification and driving "feel", which can vary from driver to driver. Otherwise, we already know the 2015 WRX outperforms any GTI pre-2015. That said, I am very intrigued by the 2015 GTI's performance and the performance pack (see link posted earlier) and super glad that reflex silver is back.. if it makes its way to the R , it's gonna be hard to pass it up :lol:

Comparing....
a pre 2015 GTI to a 2015 WRX seems foolish.

2015+ on both :laugh: And looks like the gti may actually be faster handle better and stop better out of the box... which is intriguing

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Comparing....
a pre 2015 GTI to a 2015 WRX seems foolish.

2015+ on both :laugh: And looks like the gti may actually be faster handle better and stop better out of the box... which is intriguing

:readthethread:

In the market, test drove a 2011 GTI and a 2011/2015 WRX. I'm shocked

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:readthethread:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
WRX>ST>>>>>>>>>GTI

How is this guy a moderator here? Every time I come here I find a thread where he goes on and on about how much better he thinks his ST is compared to the GTI.

Does he realize that he's not on an ST forum and that the enthusiasts here who chose the GTI might, you know, PREFER the car more than the ST for.... reasons?

What a buzz kill. If I wanted to be beaten over the head with the superiority of people who chose to spend their money on another model of car I'd go to The Car Lounge.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The Constitution, bro.

BiHGti11

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI FTW. straight up

I also test drove the wrx, along with many others before making the easy decision of buying the GTI. I knew right away this was the car for me!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
How is this guy a moderator here? Every time I come here I find a thread where he goes on and on about how much better he thinks his ST is compared to the GTI.

Does he realize that he's not on an ST forum and that the enthusiasts here who chose the GTI might, you know, PREFER the car more than the ST for.... reasons?

What a buzz kill. If I wanted to be beaten over the head with the superiority of people who chose to spend their money on another model of car I'd go to The Car Lounge.

Must be why you ride the short bus...

Compared to a mk6 GTI an ST is better except in subjective reasons. He even had a modded GTI. He is just speaking from experience.

Don't be one of the fanboi faithful. GTI is a great car, no one disputes that. He only states an ST outperforms it. Which every publication agrees with. You are bashing him for doing the same thing he is doing - stating an opinion (thought more fact for him when it comes to the performance category).

Man, so much hate for anyone who drives anything other than a GTI and expresses their like for it.

The Constitution, bro.

Piss off.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^reported.