GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 gti beluga racing catless downpipe review

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Aside from the Biatching out I am happy that with some tweaking I can get this cheap DP/ spacer and get added performance and sound without a CEL lol

What is the approx power increase with this downpipe on a stock tune?
10-20hp?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
What's sold out?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

davcohen

Ready to race!
Yes from their ebay store, I placed a best offer of $165 not knowing what offers they have been accepting only to be messaged outta stock for 3 weeks

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yes from their ebay store, I placed a best offer of $165 not knowing what offers they have been accepting only to be messaged outta stock for 3 weeks

Oh Hmm id try their actual website and call them asking if they have it in. Its only $20 more than your offer...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I paid like 185.00 thru Ebay with free shipping and the thing arrived in like 5 days, lol. I have to say they certainly exceeded their shipping estimated date.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I paid like 185.00 thru Ebay with free shipping and the thing arrived in like 5 days, lol. I have to say they certainly exceeded their shipping estimated date.
'This. Although i bought it through their website and not ebay. I Got free shipping and i ordered on a Friday i had it installed by the following Thursday.

So yeah 4 business days for shipping. They are out of Texas and im In Florida.

They have a quick turn around when they have stuff ready to go.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The RAI(with the 3 little nozzle sizes you can choose) spacers seems to work good for most people. So does the 42 Draft Design spacer(Probably the most expensive.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I'm going straight Stg2 once I get this thing installed. Whenever APR decides to drop the tune update to the shops, so that should remove any CEL that I may have gotten at current Stg1.

tonymk6

Ready to race!
Any updates on how the downpipe is holding up? There's a sale on their website so I'm about to scoop it.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Just something worth mentioning to save any frustration that I had encountered.

I have a CBFA engine and this is designed for CCTA. So you would require another bung welded on to it (whatever labor your shop may charge so the price will go up potentially another $100 on labor), then the flange drilled holes are not big enough for the bolts that the CBFA engine has. Depending if your shop is cool or not, they'll give you crap that they can't handle enlarging the screw holes. Probably 99% of shops should be able to do this for no more than $30 bucks.

Otherwise, if your CCTA, forget that entire rant.

tonymk6

Ready to race!
Otherwise, if your CCTA, forget that entire rant.

I am CCTA.. rant forgotten. :lol: My biggest issue would be fitment I guess since I'll be doing the install myself.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I am CCTA.. rant forgotten. :lol: My biggest issue would be fitment I guess since I'll be doing the install myself.

Fitment seems to be pretty spot on. It was 100% on the catback and everything ive read is the downpipe fit great too.
I dont plan on doing it lol im to lazy to do it myself.

But damn that sale is niceeee. 154 shipped.

Actually i might try and do it. It seems straight forward