GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 gti beluga racing catless downpipe review

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
Mine is Stock tune with some basic bolt on mods

Upgraded boost/ charge pipes, vanguard catback system, CTS Cai, Diverter valve D with GFB+ mod

I assume this will add a couple of bhp and a little extra noise, so no CEL on stock tune? or were you saying I need stage 2 to get rid of the CEL

You'll need a stage 2 tune at least, to get rid of the CEL. You will definitely get one with a catless downpipe

davcohen

Ready to race!
So no way to avoid the CEL without a tune? my car is currently only at 13k miles I dont really care about the CEL its just a pain when having to do warranty work, would most likely switch back to the stock DP to avoid issues although my local service writers are pretty cool

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
How did I miss this thread? I picked up the Beluga DP other day. Super fast shipping, same price as the OP, and now I just need to get it installed which I plan to when I take my car to get the APR upgrade file and go straight from Stg1 to 2. Hoping all goes well :D

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
So no way to avoid the CEL without a tune? my car is currently only at 13k miles I dont really care about the CEL its just a pain when having to do warranty work, would most likely switch back to the stock DP to avoid issues although my local service writers are pretty cool

No way to avoid the CEL unless you have a tune for it. Some people get away with spacers but those are with high flow cats, this pipe is catless

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
No way to avoid the CEL unless you have a tune for it. Some people get away with spacers but those are with high flow cats, this pipe is catless

You'll need a stage 2 tune at least, to get rid of the CEL. You will definitely get one with a catless downpipe

So much misinformation in this thread!! Yes you absolutely can get out of the cel on a catless DP with spacers, on stock tune. That's what spacers do. They take the o2 sensors further back outta the exhaust stream.

Lately people have just been mindlessly regurgitating bad info on here and it's ridiculous

Last edited:

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
Iv seen the spacers work sometimes and not some other times. It's a chance

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
::redacted:: lol

Last edited:

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
why the hell are you saying that?. Are you just trying to make drama or something. I have a cbfa engine it's the most sensitive one to CEL and it was literally plug-and-play. 2 spacers do your research on which ones to use and it'll work. if it doesn't adjust the angle or try a different jet and it'll work.

I'm not trying to start anything, Iv installed and witnessed with my own eyes them working and them not working, it depends on the downpipe, the spacer and how long the holes are originally from the downpipe itself. I'm saying they work and sometimes they don't. It's not necessarily a guaranteed fix

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
I'm saying it because I have seen it happen, installed spacers on a mk5 gti catless downpipe, spacers didn't work no matter the angle or anything we did, installed spacers on a high flow cat downpipe 200 or 300 cell I don't remember, and they worked. Idk what to tell you, that is just what Iv seen with my own two eyes

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Spacers are hit or miss dude. YOU telling people that it will be all handy dandy and fine are the problem.

No It will take a lot of adjusting. Sometimes it works out great and no CEL other times it does not and you still get CEL.

I know some people who use spacers and get a CEL ever couple hundred miles and they just clear and continue on. But for you to sit here and call everyone else a Liar because your specific Car it worked on.

Im CCTA and i got a CEL regardless of what angle i put it at. Catless is was more dificult to trick than something with a cat.

To far unthreaded and you get a code for not enough reading threaded to much and you get a code that the cat failed due to high flow.

For a lot of people this is not plug and play. So how about you just post your opinion instead of insulting everyone else who posted their experiences and opinions.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
how about you just post your opinion instead of insulting everyone else who posted their experiences and opinions.

Fair. My opinion is every single person who tries it will be able to get it to work with some finagling. How much finagling may be variable. You may even have to consult someone who's done it a bunch of times or a professional even, but you will be able to get spacers to turn off the CEL on a catless DP with the stock tune. I worded my post way too strongly and I apologize.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Fair. My opinion is every single person who tries it will be able to get it to work with some finagling. How much finagling may be variable. You may even have to consult someone who's done it a bunch of times or a professional even, but you will be able to get spacers to turn off the CEL on a catless DP with the stock tune. I worded my post way too strongly and I apologize.

Thank you. And i do respect your opinion, and im glad everything worked well for you, you did come off rather strong.

But alls good. :thumbsup:

davcohen

Ready to race!
Aside from the Biatching out I am happy that with some tweaking I can get this cheap DP/ spacer and get added performance and sound without a CEL lol

What is the approx power increase with this downpipe on a stock tune?