GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I have a suction cup mount coming in today. I'm going to put it on and figure something out with the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Sometimes I wish I would have just gotten DSG...I really want a tune, but I just can't drop $2k into this car right now. From the torque numbers I was hoping COBB would have been mild enough to prevent clutch slipping.

wait for COBB to add this feature to a downloadable tune - it will be less than $2k guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mophisto

Ready to race!
I kind of feel like I'm having the sub 3k rpm lag issue, but I can't really be sure - not having anything to compare to. But it definitely surges after 3k. I ran the 1+sp file for a bit last night without any issue on a CTS intake.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Sometimes I wish I would have just gotten DSG...I really want a tune, but I just can't drop $2k into this car right now. From the torque numbers I was hoping COBB would have been mild enough to prevent clutch slipping.

What clutch are you getting that's $2k?

Fantom1107

Passed Driver's Ed
What clutch are you getting that's $2k?

From the little research I have done it's looking like $300 for a drop in disc or anywhere from $800-$1300 for a full kit. I was quoted about $700 for labor. So at minimum that's $1650 for clutch and tune.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

what are you reading as far as your boost pressure? I have peaked at 31psi somehow. When idle, it's not in vacuum. When I was on the highway last night my AP was reading -50 in inches (or is it mm?) of mercury.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys,

what are you reading as far as your boost pressure? I have peaked at 31psi somehow. When idle, it's not in vacuum. When I was on the highway last night my AP was reading -50 in inches (or is it mm?) of mercury.
read a couple pages back. it appears that the AP is measuring in absolute pressure. if you subtract the atmospheric pressure (around 14.7), then you get the correct figure of around ~15psi.

mophisto

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I idle at around -20 hg and peak around 14psi ish on high boost. but that's 91 stage 1
Edit: and on a janky newsouth boost gauge.