GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
So far, so good. Only about 30 minutes with it, mostly on the highway. I'll be playing with it a little more this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
It was very easy. It asks for vehicle weight. I don't know what mine is. I guessed 3100. Then you select a gear. I went 3rd. Then you select an rpm range. I went 2000-6000. The AP waits for you to get in gear and rpm range and displays the data when done. I will have to check when I get home and see if it logged the data. I don't know the optimal dyno conditions, but if you want me to try different gear and rpm I will

Nice, thanks for the update. It's clearly not going to be a true replacement for a real dyno, but over on the ST boards there's way more Vdyno's around then real ones just because the ease of use.

To the guys having issues, make sure you put in the correct weight and gear. The COBB should have the MK6 Aerodynamical profile in there, and the only other thing to account for is temperature which I think you can actually change. Just not sure how.

JS12

Ready to race!
To the guys having issues, make sure you put in the correct weight and gear. The COBB should have the MK6 Aerodynamical profile in there, and the only other thing to account for is temperature which I think you can actually change. Just not sure how.

I'll try again today but with a lower max RPM for the pull. It defaults to 7000 and I think I tried 6800 last night. The AP doesn't seem count the run until you hit that RPM so the numbers may be off because the car is hanging out right near the limit for a while but not really making much power.

Fantom1107

Passed Driver's Ed
My clutch with 40k miles on it was not happy in 3rd gear on up so I reverted to the Stage 1 91 map and there's only the slightest bit of slip in 3rd for now. I'll be looking to upgrade to the Sachs SRE in the near future depending on how long I feel like babying the stock clutch.

Sometimes I wish I would have just gotten DSG...I really want a tune, but I just can't drop $2k into this car right now. From the torque numbers I was hoping COBB would have been mild enough to prevent clutch slipping.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So far, so good. Only about 30 minutes with it, mostly on the highway. I'll be playing with it a little more this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty. Did you try putting it on the right. If i get it i dont want the AP to block a vent.. but i want the gauge mode to run just for the funs

Tank1

Passed Driver's Ed
Best part is the custom splash image on AP.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Best part is the custom splash image on AP.
what? could you elaborate for those of us who dont have the AP?

spenny02

Ready to race!
Looks pretty. Did you try putting it on the right. If i get it i dont want the AP to block a vent.. but i want the gauge mode to run just for the funs
I wanted to put mine on the right, but there wasn't a good spot to place it that didn't block the radio. I choose the left side beside the light switch. The mount comes with 3m tape and mine didn't stick very well and already came off. I gotta figure out a new mounting option. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
My 3M tape mount that was included failed quick so I ordered this.

http://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Suction-Mount-Tuning-AccessPORT/dp/B00IMJ2S1K

It works great.

What boost is everyone getting for Stage 1 93 Oct. High Boost? I was on stage 1+ and spiked at 17.2, but I'm boosting lower now with the file I'm on. I had to change because Stage 1+ was only designed for a higher diameter MAF housing.