GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Mpg was unaffected for me. My regular drives to work and back home are still in the 27-29 mpg range.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
That's weird, my mileage has gone up by about 2-3. I got 33.3 highway on a 80 mile trip last weekend and I never got more than 31-ish before

what speed are you cruising at? I rarely get above 28mpg on my highway trips, but I cruise at 80ish, and don't try to get good gas mileage. plus I have a roof rack which doesn't help.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
what speed are you cruising at? I rarely get above 28mpg on my highway trips, but I cruise at 80ish, and don't try to get good gas mileage. plus I have a roof rack which doesn't help.
Stop and go but no more than 50mph, same route as before. Maybe it's my heavy foot,lol. I do feel like I need to press the pedal a little more to get moving , since the new tune.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Last edited:

kydizzle1

So I've had the update since Monday and love the new found power but, my car at idle now shakes a little and you can hear In The exhaust tone that the idle rpms are moving around. Anyone else having a weird idle issue with this update? I also just got a check engine light today

bryngutierrez46

Ready to race!
So I've had the update since Monday and love the new found power but, my car at idle now shakes a little and you can hear In The exhaust tone that the idle rpms are moving around. Anyone else having a weird idle issue with this update? I also just got a check engine light today
Same thing here shits anoying me :0

Locke

Ready to race!
2.1 stage 2 tune for 400 miles, DSG. I'm experiencing the same pulsing exhaust sound when idling at a light. The tach doesn't move. Some other people on this thread have reported this pulsing as well.

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
Went to Tyrolsport to update my APR Stage 2 tune, bought their shifter bracket bushings while i was there...

quick notes on the update: smooth power increase and power band seems longer, significantly decreased engine breaking so going to be using my brakes a bit more now...all in all butt dyno definitely approves, but i'll know for sure saturday after i dyno her

zVp

Go Kart Champion

Intake Manifold going?

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Stop and go but no more than 50mph, same route as before. Maybe it's my heavy foot,lol. I do feel like I need to press the pedal a little more to get moving , since the new tune.

Interesting, I find myself having to use less gas pedal for the same kind of driving. I used to have to give it way more gas than I needed, wait for the car to respond, then quickly pull back on the throttle to avoid the surging effect of the old tune. Now it is much more linear and predictable, and i find myself needing much less throttle to get around.

My car shook a little before and after the tune, careful that it's not heightened awareness now. That being said, the RPMs do wander at idle when the intake temps get really hot, for me kind of unpredictably between 720 and 800 RPM. Might be something to do with the MAF calculation, for me it is most pronounced when there is a very big difference between ambient and intake temps, e.g. 65 deg ambient and 120 intake temps for example while sitting for a long time.

I was watching some variables on the Torque app and the long term fuel trim was allllll over the place at idle, including up past +20% sometimes. This is probably exaggerated for me since I have approx 20% ethanol blend in my tank at the moment.

What is your CEL code for? Could be directly related if intake manifold is the culprit, def. need to know specific code.

Last edited:

kydizzle1

I'm going to get the code read this weekend I'm not sure what it relates too, but I just had the intake replaced like a year and a half ago so I hope that not it. But I have noticed when the car is fully warmed up the idle is worse, it's been pretty warm up in the pnw too

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I'm going to get the code read this weekend I'm not sure what it relates too, but I just had the intake replaced like a year and a half ago so I hope that not it. But I have noticed when the car is fully warmed up the idle is worse, it's been pretty warm up in the pnw too

If you have an Android phone, get yourself an ELM327-based bluetooth OBDII dongle and read it yourself with Torque app. Much more expensive if you're an iPhone user.

My car always shook at idle more and more leading up to a carbon cleaning, even when warm. Once I had my first carbon cleaning done at 80k+ miles, it smoothed right out and lots of other things about the car cleaned up. You have a 2009, how long has it been since your last? With the intake manifold replacement?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
If you have an Android phone, get yourself an ELM327-based bluetooth OBDII dongle and read it yourself with Torque app. Much more expensive if you're an iPhone user.

My car always shook at idle more and more leading up to a carbon cleaning, even when warm. Once I had my first carbon cleaning done at 80k+ miles, it smoothed right out and lots of other things about the car cleaned up. You have a 2009, how long has it been since your last? With the intake manifold replacement?

Carbon cleaning is a BIG deal. My engine felt like new afterwards