GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Uberryan

Banned
Well after limping around with the 2.0 version for 3-4 weeks I went out Tuesday a day after the great Houston flood through the high water areas to get the 2.1 version stage one. The problems are officially solved, beast mode ON! DSG shifting check, launch check, first gear tire spin check, second gear tire spin check, dammit how can you get a decent 0 to 60 time in this car :(

Better tires and a better foot

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Did anyone else have random cylinder misfires (P0300) with v2.1? Mine is a 2013 6mt. Newly installed R8 coilpacks and NGK PFR7S8EG plugs (0.032").

The misfires are on cylinders 1, 2 and 4.

Happy to report that my issue got resolved! Went back to stock plugs and everything's alright. From what I can say the spark plugs I got were faulty. Got them from Amazon because they had a good price. Will get the next set from HSTuning. Not taking any chances!

Thanks for all the help :thumbsup:

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Happy to report that my issue got resolved! Went back to stock plugs and everything's alright. From what I can say the spark plugs I got were faulty. Got them from Amazon because they had a good price. Will get the next set from HSTuning. Not taking any chances!

Interesting, I run those same plugs, I could have sworn those are the same as OEM plugs. Do you know what exact plugs you put back in?

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
so got around to the dyno to see what APR stage 2 v2.1 puts down after being very pleased with the butt dyno, the real dyno confirmed it today and let's just say :clap::happyanim: this thing is a torque monster

Best 4th gear pull was 251whp/312wtq on a dynojet (temp was 69, and relatively humid day)

For the record I was extremely disappointed with their old file when I dyno'ed in the fall, which put down 227whp/268wtq (same dyno, same location, similiar temps)

sooooo[emoji106]to v2.1

they will email me the graphs Monday
Awesome results. What mods do you have exactly? I dyno'd mine on the old Stage 2 at about 45k (no carbon cleaning) and I put down 237whp and 284tq in 4th gear (244/287tq 3rd gear) with 42dd intake, 3 inch catted downpipe, Magnaflow 2.5 inch catback, Forge DV, and NGK plugs. I put down 240whp and 308tq on the Eurodyne Stage 2 tune with APR Stage 1 Intake and added the Neuspeed front mount intercooler.

The eurodyne tune felt significantly(!) quicker than the old APR tune did, neither of them feel nearly as strong as V2.1 does at all times. I can't wait to dyno my car now, especially as I finally did my carbon cleaning yesterday. She was feeling so 'slow' with a huge drop in torque, now she's back there and then some ??

Happen to have a shot of the dyno graph? I'd love to see it!
True that, stock Dunlops are dry traction challenged. Love the 2.1 low end power now, AWD would be awesome. Guess thats why the Golf R is there waiting for us:thumbup:
I want a GLi-R already, that would be a pretty perfect damn car c'mon already Volkswagen! ???

Kei

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
Awesome results. What mods do you have exactly? I dyno'd mine on the old Stage 2 at about 45k (no carbon cleaning) and I put down 237whp and 284tq in 4th gear (244/287tq 3rd gear) with 42dd intake, 3 inch catted downpipe, Magnaflow 2.5 inch catback, Forge DV, and NGK plugs. I put down 240whp and 308tq on the Eurodyne Stage 2 tune with APR Stage 1 Intake and added the Neuspeed front mount intercooler.

The eurodyne tune felt significantly(!) quicker than the old APR tune did, neither of them feel nearly as strong as V2.1 does at all times. I can't wait to dyno my car now, especially as I finally did my carbon cleaning yesterday. She was feeling so 'slow' with a huge drop in torque, now she's back there and then some ����

Happen to have a shot of the dyno graph? I'd love to see it!

I want a GLi-R already, that would be a pretty perfect damn car c'mon already Volkswagen! ������

Kei

yea i was really impressed by the torque numbers and have video proof of my reaction lol, maybe i'll post those to youtube
They should be sending me the graphs Monday (today)
modlist:
- Modshack Cold Air Intake
- HPA Shortshifter
- GoFastBits DV+ Diverter Valve kit
- SPM Custom 3" Turbo back Exhaust
- TyrolSport Deadset Rigid Front Subframe Collar Kit
- TyrolSport Rear Collar Kit
- SPM 22mm Rear Sway Bar
- SPM 26mm Front Sway Bar
- APR Stage 2 upgraded tune
- HS Tuning RSR Clutch Kit (10/14/14) + new OEM Flywheel
- OEM RED R8 Coilpacks w/ NGK laser platinum premium spark plugs (@39,000 miles)
- ECS Tuning Red Dogbone Mount Insert Kit
- BILSTEIN B16 (PSS10) Coilovers
- YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R tires 235/40/R18
- O.Z. Racing Allegerita 18" wheels
- APR Stage 2 upgraded tune (v2.1) (04/21/16)
- Ebay Clutch stop (04/24/16) is this a performance mod? lol

and yea no carbon cleaning yet, will most likely be doing it within the next month and installing my catch can thats sitting in my room right after

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

same thing happened to me with redtop coils from amazon, they musta been knockoffs or something. went back to oem. no problems

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
I just got my tune done at Speedlife Motorsports in Haverhill MA.
What a huge improvement from my Stage 2+ days in the mk5 and i am only stage 1.
Great job APR.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Those of you who bought plugs on amazon should post a review to deter other MK6 owners. I almost bought them there but I was on my way into my APR dealer at the time so I just bought red tops while I was there. Glad I didnt get them on amazon.

phant0m

Ready to race!
Those of you who bought plugs on amazon should post a review to deter other MK6 owners. I almost bought them there but I was on my way into my APR dealer at the time so I just bought red tops while I was there. Glad I didnt get them on amazon.
Are you referring to plugs or coil packs? Your post is confusing...

I bought BKR7EIX plugs from Amazon twice now and they've been fine!

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S7 Edge.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion

Yes, will do that once the seller accepts my return request.

Are you referring to plugs or coil packs? Your post is confusing...

I bought BKR7EIX plugs from Amazon twice now and they've been fine!

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S7 Edge.

I bought the same plugs on Amazon. No issues.

Could depend on the particular seller on Amazon. Also, I got the platinum ones (PFR7S8EG).

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
yea i was really impressed by the torque numbers and have video proof of my reaction lol, maybe i'll post those to youtube
They should be sending me the graphs Monday (today)
modlist:
- Modshack Cold Air Intake
- HPA Shortshifter
- GoFastBits DV+ Diverter Valve kit
- SPM Custom 3" Turbo back Exhaust
- TyrolSport Deadset Rigid Front Subframe Collar Kit
- TyrolSport Rear Collar Kit
- SPM 22mm Rear Sway Bar
- SPM 26mm Front Sway Bar
- APR Stage 2 upgraded tune
- HS Tuning RSR Clutch Kit (10/14/14) + new OEM Flywheel
- OEM RED R8 Coilpacks w/ NGK laser platinum premium spark plugs (@39,000 miles)
- ECS Tuning Red Dogbone Mount Insert Kit
- BILSTEIN B16 (PSS10) Coilovers
- YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R tires 235/40/R18
- O.Z. Racing Allegerita 18" wheels
- APR Stage 2 upgraded tune (v2.1) (04/21/16)
- Ebay Clutch stop (04/24/16) is this a performance mod? lol

and yea no carbon cleaning yet, will most likely be doing it within the next month and installing my catch can thats sitting in my room right after
I wanna see the video if you do put one up! I'm loving the mod list! It's not slammed, stretched, or otherwise crazy stuff!?! You're my hero, I miss my PSS suspension (sold em when I thought I was gonna sell the car last year and get a mk7, changed my mind), and stare at it every day in my Amazon shopping cart lol.

I absolutely love the mod list, well done good sir, well DONE! ?

Kei