GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat15: Sushi Now Made With Real Tuna - Not That Fast Food Tuna - Jaber Rejoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
but agreed with Jaberballs, unless its a local tuner, who cares? we have mod friendly dealers around here, even a handful who actually do the tuning!

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Ted Cruz is making a fool of himself right now. That is all, sir.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
but agreed with Jaberballs, unless its a local tuner, who cares? we have mod friendly dealers around here, even a handful who actually do the tuning!

which ones are those? i gotta introduce myself for the inevitable!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I know Crystal Lake VW tunes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
But they do it to make money. Doesn't mean that of VW denies the warranty that they will eat the cost just because they tuned you. Unless you could get something in writing.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
If VW denies a warranty claim, the dealer doesn't get paid..
Exactly. So then if the dealer doesn't want to pay for say a dramatic example a new engine. It then would become your problem. Hence my mind set. Basically I'm being a Sally and just don't want to potentially throw away the warranty.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Exactly. So then if the dealer doesn't want to pay for say a dramatic example a new engine. It then would become your problem. Hence my mind set. Basically I'm being a Sally and just don't want to potentially throw away the warranty.

If the dealer tunes you, they most likely cover it. You can ask, but it would be stupid of them to sell tunes and deny people warranty after they perform the tune. How many people would tune their cars with the dealer if it meant a voided warranty? Probably not many, meaning the dealer would not make much money off that service. The dealer is not going to waste their time tuning if they are not going to make money on it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ted Cruz is making a fool of himself right now. That is all, sir.

You're... a little late to the party on this one? :iono: :confused: :wub:

Autobarn Mount Prospect and I think Countryside. Bill Jacobs may be doing it again, possibly Pugi. Check the www.goapr.com dealer listings

I know Crystal Lake VW tunes.

^ Uni , right?

If VW denies a warranty claim, the dealer doesn't get paid..

^

^ yeah, if you are a bitch - I mean, if you are concerned with that, then wait .. for a loooong time ;)

If the dealer tunes you, they most likely cover it. You can ask, but it would be stupid of them to sell tunes and deny people warranty after they perform the tune. How many people would tune their cars with the dealer if it meant a voided warranty? Probably not many, meaning the dealer would not make much money off that service. The dealer is not going to waste their time tuning if they are not going to make money on it.

correct.

Many have had no issues with warranty stuff on TD1 flagged vehicles, myself included when I had my GTI. If its random shit like intake mani, water pumps, etc, its not really related to the tune.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
You're... a little late to the party on this one? :iono: :confused: :wub:

Autobarn Mount Prospect and I think Countryside. Bill Jacobs may be doing it again, possibly Pugi. Check the www.goapr.com dealer listings

^ Uni , right?

^

^ yeah, if you are a bitch - I mean, if you are concerned with that, then wait .. for a loooong time ;)

correct.

Many have had no issues with warranty stuff on TD1 flagged vehicles, myself included when I had my GTI. If its random shit like intake mani, water pumps, etc, its not really related to the tune.
Thanks kata!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
fo shizzle.

now if you blow up the engine and they see you revved to 9,000 rpms and are an asshole, that could be a different story.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
I do not trust those piggybacks. Usually they have mixed reviews. IMO ECU tune is the way to go.

I love my jb1 and the company that makes them has a good rep from the bmw community. Haven't read about anyone having issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I love my jb1 and the company that makes them has a good rep from the bmw community. Haven't read about anyone having issues with them.

+1

I had JB4 or whatever on my 335xi and it was lights out fast for sure, I was pretty shocked. I'd say if I were to choose any piggy back system, it would be one of that caliber and reputation, otherwise, no thanks.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Good to hear[emoji106]
+1

I had JB4 or whatever on my 335xi and it was lights out fast for sure, I was pretty shocked. I'd say if I were to choose any piggy back system, it would be one of that caliber and reputation, otherwise, no thanks.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
^

The man has a point. You should buy another RX7 so you can keep a rotary in one and then build a real one with the LS in it :iono: :laugh:

You mean 20b swap

No love for teh wallets last night. Even my other buddy who has two LS-swapped FD's (LS1 and LS3) didn't really come to his rescue all that strongly last night on the Facingspace with the Rotary argument....

Sell outs, they should just buy a corvette if they want the LS engine and FD looks.

Russian billionaire just acquired 99% stake of the Nurburgring. Wow.

oh wow, another day in Russia ala the ring coming soon to Reddit, no rules no limits hookers and vodka every few laps!

Status
Not open for further replies.