GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat15: Sushi Now Made With Real Tuna - Not That Fast Food Tuna - Jaber Rejoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Which definitely sucks. I gotta either start sending donuts to my dealer on a regular basis or find someone with a hell of a good hookup lol.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Lol yup ideally it will never be needed but still. My wife would kill me and I'd be in a mini van if something did happen and it was denied.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah we will see. Once the factory warranty is up I'd potentially tune. As much as that's a controversial topic. Seems like more and more people are being rejected for warranty claims when tuned on the mk7

Interesting.

Got any forum links detailing cases where they were rejected? Would like to read.

michal

Go Kart Champion
Yeah we will see. Once the factory warranty is up I'd potentially tune. As much as that's a controversial topic. Seems like more and more people are being rejected for warranty claims when tuned on the mk7

So you think that if something happens and you remove your piggyback before going to any dealership, they would not know what caused the failure?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
LMAO

Knew that was coming. promise I am NOT going to use dip for any exterior aesthetical purposes. It DID, in this case, provide a pretty good oem look to the intake :lol:

Anyone have good 5x112 wheels for sale? May be looking for a set to put some summer or winter tires on.

Wanna buy some OEM heavy Detroit 18inch wheels? Lol

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
So you think that if something happens and you remove your piggyback before going to any dealership, they would not know what caused the failure?
I'd probably wait on the piggy back also. But from a few stories I have red the only way they would know the jb1 was on the car is if they ran a detailed history on the ecu which would show the increased parameters. The main difference is the piggy back won't trip the TD1 flag.

Jaber

Modero
Unless it's a local dealer that is denying work. I wouldn't pay attention to it. As mods and warranty vary greatly between dealerships. Some dealerships have more pull with warranty approval than others and are willing to take risk.

But with #dieselgate, wouldn't surprise me if dealers start tightening their belts on warranty with TD1 cars.

We all know how warranty at a dealership goes anyway, thanks to a former local. We just have to decide if it's worth the risk.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Unless it's a local dealer that is denying work. I wouldn't pay attention to it. As mods and warranty vary greatly between dealerships. Some dealerships have more pull with warranty approval than others and are willing to take risk.

But with #dieselgate, wouldn't surprise me if dealers start tightening their belts on warranty with TD1 cars.

We all know how warranty at a dealership goes anyway, thanks to a former local. We just have to decide if it's worth the risk.
This is true and that's my thoughts also.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18175

Not the best example as Td1 didn't directly deny it but just being on the forum and having a YouTube channel did....

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
This is true and that's my thoughts also.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18175

Not the best example as Td1 didn't directly deny it but just being on the forum and having a YouTube channel did....

Hah too funny.

Manufacturers DEFINITELY read forums. We did it back when I was at Navistar. More than 1 warranty was voided due to information owners shared on forums.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
May 7th:
SuperCar Saturday just announced Autobahn Country Club its sponsor for SCS #1.

@ 11:15 am or so cruise from SCS to ACC...

"Immediately following the Supercar Saturdays event on May 7th, all participants and spectators are invited to Drive to Autobahn! The complimentary afternoon event at Autobahn Country Club will include a car show, a touring session on track, autocross, and karting! You can also watch the Autobahn Member GT Race!!"

http://autobahncc.com/supercar-saturday-may-7-2016/

Would be a fun cruise, experience for anyone that wants to check out/tour ACC track. Apx 40 min drive from Bolingbrook SCS.

Damn that's pretty cool, definitely sounds like a badass experience. Bunch of supercars cruising to track, hell yeah.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Lol yup ideally it will never be needed but still. My wife would kill me and I'd be in a mini van if something did happen and it was denied.

yep. i'm definitely assuming clutch though. lol

zrickety

The Fixer
Came for pics of Yakuza BRZ...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow - dumping carboner? just wow.

A true piggy back like a Burger tuning thingie is non-detectable afaik. As its essentially a boost controller that's not directly hooked up to the ECU.

Status
Not open for further replies.