Autocross Champion
Flying Lizards = good stuff

That Solid Space track in the set = post-punk goodness

Speaking of New Order, you'll hate me for this:

And yes, it was signed by the one and only Bernard Sumner :wub:

Nice.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I wish I still had my old mans Chrysler employee discount. I would flip a wrangler every year with how they suddenly became so high residual value

No joke.

So I was browsing around online at lunch after getting back from the dealership and noticed everyone dropped their prices online. I saw Zeigler had the model I wanted- Silver Recon with black top and black fenders. Plus it was a 2018 when most sitting on the lots were 2017.

Recon has a nice package over regular Rubicon because it adds about $3K in real mechanical upgrades (in addition to cosmetic).

I call them up and they gave me crazy price over the phone. $5,300 off sticker. I stop by on my way home and first they try to play their game and only knock a couple thousand off. I said no way, you gave me this price over the phone. Guy leaves, comes back with manager and agrees to the price. They wouldn't go any lower. He showed me the "invoice" and it's exactly $500 under employee pricing with no incentives available from Jeep. I felt that was a good price so I pulled the trigger.

I checked KBB last night. Private party for the same model/options on a 2017 is $2,000 more than I paid for this one! I imagine the value will stay really strong since the new JL model sells for $5K more than the outgoing JK versions for the same options. Personally I don't like how they look as much. They are a ton nicer inside and drive like a Grand Cherokee...but I am buying a this model for the utilitarian aspect of it. IMO they gutsied up the new models, made them softer and less offroad worthy and added a ton to the base MSRP. I'll bet after 3 years I could sell this thing for almost as much as I paid for it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
He's a famous comedian guy. It was an awesome show.

If the salt and pepper diner still exists, you should totally go after the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It closed down, but I went there before it closed. He did the salt and pepper bit at the end of the show

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
No joke.

So I was browsing around online at lunch after getting back from the dealership and noticed everyone dropped their prices online. I saw Zeigler had the model I wanted- Silver Recon with black top and black fenders. Plus it was a 2018 when most sitting on the lots were 2017.

Recon has a nice package over regular Rubicon because it adds about $3K in real mechanical upgrades (in addition to cosmetic).

I call them up and they gave me crazy price over the phone. $5,300 off sticker. I stop by on my way home and first they try to play their game and only knock a couple thousand off. I said no way, you gave me this price over the phone. Guy leaves, comes back with manager and agrees to the price. They wouldn't go any lower. He showed me the "invoice" and it's exactly $500 under employee pricing with no incentives available from Jeep. I felt that was a good price so I pulled the trigger.

I checked KBB last night. Private party for the same model/options on a 2017 is $2,000 more than I paid for this one! I imagine the value will stay really strong since the new JL model sells for $5K more than the outgoing JK versions for the same options. Personally I don't like how they look as much. They are a ton nicer inside and drive like a Grand Cherokee...but I am buying a this model for the utilitarian aspect of it. IMO they gutsied up the new models, made them softer and less offroad worthy and added a ton to the base MSRP. I'll bet after 3 years I could sell this thing for almost as much as I paid for it.

Congrats on the purchase man.

I don't "get" Jeeps... but I buy shit all the time that nobody understands... so congrats :)

Sounds like you landed a killer deal too. I bet it being EOM helped.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I picked this up on Friday... one of the leftover "stop sale" diesels.

Was a service loaner for the first 7,000 miles of it's life, they kept it in rotation to keep it from sitting and rotting. Porsche CPO is 8 years, unlimited miles... and with me driving 35k+ a year, I couldn't pass it up.

Optioned out pretty well. Shopping for ramz now (trying to find a set of gloss-black OE RS Spyder wheels). Thinking I might do the carbon fiber interior trim package (online place sells a retrofit kit).... just dive in and do it right, then hold it for a few years...

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 68

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Was a service loaner for the first 7,000 miles of it's life, they kept it in rotation to keep it from sitting and rotting. Porsche CPO is 8 years, unlimited miles... and with me driving 35k+ a year, I couldn't pass it up.

Optioned out pretty well. Shopping for ramz now (trying to find a set of gloss-black OE RS Spyder wheels). Thinking I might do the carbon fiber interior trim package (online place sells a retrofit kit).... just dive in and do it right, then hold it for a few years...
Very awesome man. Great pick up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the purchase man.

I don't "get" Jeeps... but I buy shit all the time that nobody understands... so congrats :)

Sounds like you landed a killer deal too. I bet it being EOM helped.

In all honestly, I am not a "Jeep" guy like some of these people are. I really liked my 98 XJ before it rotted out and I got bored with it. Looked almost identical to this one:

Stock wheels, small lift, tires that weren't totally obnoxiously oversized and sticking out past the side of the car. Love the square styling and simple nature of the vehicle. The 4.0 was a torque monster for it's time. The crazy part is that jeep is for sale for $20K. It's got almost 200K on it.

I was looking at getting a '06-08 V8 4Runner, but everyone wants 20K for one with decent miles. FJ Cruisers are even worse. You know the used market for Jeeps is just stupid. At the end of the day, for me, it's a fun weekend, around town car that also fits in the city garages for when I travel down town for work.

It drives exactly how I want it to. Top heavy, wobbly and zippy around town due to the short wheel base. Almost exactly opposite than my truck which makes it appealing for me as a second car. Plus the resale is ridiculous. I've been itching to get back into wheeling and this is the perfect vehicle for that. Extremely capable in stock form with the ability to throw a couple more parts on it. If you like to tinker, there's a million parts to throw on these things that won't break the bank.

Pretty sick P car. Are all CPO unlimited miles?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I just use regular laundry detergent and do a double rinse cycle. Yeah I used to use those specialty microfiber soaps, and yes, they are a huge rip-off.

Good to know

No heat or low heat in the dryer, OR line dry or what?

I think I've also made the mistake of not washing the microfiber towels before using them.....I just assumed they were clean & good to go out of the bag :(

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Good to know

No heat or low heat in the dryer, OR line dry or what?

I think I've also made the mistake of not washing the microfiber towels before using them.....I just assumed they were clean & good to go out of the bag :(

Dryer low heat. Wash in hot though.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Also, make sure you tear off the tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Pretty sick P car. Are all CPO unlimited miles?

Thanks - and yes, any vehicle that was CPO'd after 12/1/17 is now unlimited miles and 6 years.

The diesels get an extra 2 years thanks to #dieselgate which brings them to 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.