ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

#unoh #ohdang #christmasinfeb

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
For those of you who have a payday coming tomorrow, and have the ability to see your paystubs ahead of time......

Let's just say, THANKS TRUMP.

New tax laws now in effect. This paycheck is +6% over the last one.

Jaber

Modero
For those of you who have a payday coming tomorrow, and have the ability to see your paystubs ahead of time......

Let's just say, THANKS TRUMP.

New tax laws now in effect. This paycheck is +6% over the last one.

Yeah, HR sent out an e-mail yesterday explaining the new tax deal.

Thinking about getting the LCP II for a small pocket carry. Need to decide before I renew my DL next week, otherwise can't buy until my FOID and DL match and IL has a retarded system that could take a month or so to get new card.

Really liking the new dashcam. With the tint strip, it really blends in and it's hard to notice it's there from the outside. Compared to my last dashcam that had brushed aluminum trim. Recorded in 1920x1080P 60f and 2880x2160P 24f, going to compare the quality and see which one I'm going to leave it on.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, HR sent out an e-mail yesterday explaining the new tax deal.

Thinking about getting the LCP II for a small pocket carry. Need to decide before I renew my DL next week, otherwise can't buy until my FOID and DL match and IL has a retarded system that could take a month or so to get new card.

Really liking the new dashcam. With the tint strip, it really blends in and it's hard to notice it's there from the outside. Compared to my last dashcam that had brushed aluminum trim. Recorded in 1920x1080P 60f and 2880x2160P 24f, going to compare the quality and see which one I'm going to leave it on.

Gonna guess that with the difference in framerate, it makes up for the difference in resolution and both of them fill the card up about the same?

In which case I'd go with the higher resolution to have a better chance at catching more details (license plates etc).

Jaber

Modero
Gonna guess that with the difference in framerate, it makes up for the difference in resolution and both of them fill the card up about the same?

In which case I'd go with the higher resolution to have a better chance at catching more details (license plates etc).

Reviews are mixed. Some go for highest resolution and are satisfied. Others prefer the 60FPS for smoother video. I have a 64GB card in it, as long as it saves the previous day, I'm good with that. It's also easy to manually lock a recording if I need to. Has Wifi to connect to it through their app, kind of like GoPro, but I imagine the transfer would take a long time. Easier to just pull the card and plug it into my laptop.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Well unless you are reviewing the footage or doing something fun (trackday, AX, etc) - who cares about how smooth it is? Isn't the main point to CYA if somebody in front of you does something stupid? In which case I'd want the clarity.

24fps is still smooth enough, it's not like it's old-school 2fps security cam....

Jaber

Modero
Well unless you are reviewing the footage or doing something fun (trackday, AX, etc) - who cares about how smooth it is? Isn't the main point to CYA if somebody in front of you does something stupid? In which case I'd want the clarity.

24fps is still smooth enough, it's not like it's old-school 2fps security cam....

Yeah, we'll see. Used to cheaper dashcams that are extremely choppy and sometimes when reviewing footage, it's pretty much useless. Been busy at work, keep trying to sneak into the SD card to view the videos, but then something keeps coming up lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, we'll see. Used to cheaper dashcams that are extremely choppy and sometimes when reviewing footage, it's pretty much useless. Been busy at work, keep trying to sneak into the SD card to view the videos, but then something keeps coming up lol.

Hate that.

"People.... I'm taking care of personal shit. Do you fucking mind?!?!?"

Jaber

Modero
Incase anyone is bored and wants to see quality of dashcam. Edited both in iMovie and exported in high quality.

1080 60FPS (Removed audio, radio was on)

4K 24FPS

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
FYI YouTube also downconverts 4K uploads to 1080p...

Status
Not open for further replies.