GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

jeez

Ready to race!
These two pulls are 4th gear. Car was sitting for maybe 30mins after I drove to the shop before I got on the dyno since my friend went first. Stopped at 2 pulls in 4th because of top rpm misfire. Tried a 3rd gear pull but was not ideal to dyno so we scrapped it. Shop is maybe 25 miles from my house.
Probably more hp on the table, having some issues I'm trying to sort out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK thanks. I'm surprised because you said this is a high reading dyno. I'd think this is normal for a full blown K04 setup, especially P&P. I think Alex has a p&p K04 dyno on his website, making around 300whp so maybe you're right.

FriggenT1

Banned
Is that in 3rd or 4th? Also, was your car heatsoaked prior to the run? 2 pulls total? How far did you drive to get to that dyno place? Sorry for bombarding you with questions.

Exact same thing happened to me, just not 5 mins in. I will ask Alex but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the new tune. Getting P1335...something like torque limit exceeded. Could be that the tune is asking too much from the DSG? I'd just go to the previous tune to be honest. Alex will fix this with the next tune.

You likely won't be able to because the heatshield and the manifold are in your way and they are both a beach to deal with, at least in my case.

Ended up having the shop install the WG and they did NOT have to take the turbo out. Pretty sure they did it from below. You do have to remove the drive axle and other stuff...but ultimately not the turbo.

I actually took my heatshield off and didn't put it back on.

Last edited:

jeez

Ready to race!
I actually took my Hartsfield off and didn't put it back on.

My heatshield screws are stripped. The biggest problem is the manifold, position wise. From under you'll be fine but it's not super easy.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
OK thanks. I'm surprised because you said this is a high reading dyno. I'd think this is normal for a full blown K04 setup, especially P&P. I think Alex has a p&p K04 dyno on his website, making around 300whp so maybe you're right.
I'm working through so car things and I will probably do another dyno in a few months when things recover for me. I don't want to go into details yet till things get sorted. But could be more power left off the table.

FriggenT1

Banned
My heatshield screws are stripped. The biggest problem is the manifold, position wise. From under you'll be fine but it's not super easy.

Drive a bigger allenhead into those things and torque those suckers out...or are the actual threads stripped?

FriggenT1

Banned
Is that in 3rd or 4th? Also, was your car heatsoaked prior to the run? 2 pulls total? How far did you drive to get to that dyno place? Sorry for bombarding you with questions.

Exact same thing happened to me, just not 5 mins in. I will ask Alex but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the new tune. Getting P1335...something like torque limit exceeded. Could be that the tune is asking too much from the DSG? I'd just go to the previous tune to be honest. Alex will fix this with the next tune.

You likely won't be able to because the heatshield and the manifold are in your way and they are both a beach to deal with, at least in my case.

Ended up having the shop install the WG and they did NOT have to take the turbo out. Pretty sure they did it from below. You do have to remove the drive axle and other stuff...but ultimately not the turbo.

Which shop did yours? I'm in md too...how much did they charge you?

UberFast

Ready to race!
How long did it take you guys to get your base file for K04?
I got mine a few days after I submitted the mod form. They're pretty busy right now, especially after the new cobb update, so you might have to be patient. My protune is still under way and progress is pretty slow right now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Gino

Ready to race!
I am still waiting on my revision 2 tune after initial base tune. So far car drives solid. If I send in a new set of logs you think it helps them any?

UberFast

Ready to race!
I am still waiting on my revision 2 tune after initial base tune. So far car drives solid. If I send in a new set of logs you think it helps them any?
Have you already sent in the datalogs he wanted you to take after installing the base file? The maf calibrations and single gear pull?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Gino

Ready to race!
Yeah I did. Sent them in early last week. I'm not stressing the wait for the new tune. I drive the car every now and then. I'm just saying it's been some time since my first logs that new updated ones may be better for the tuning process. If it's one and done that's cool too.

Last edited:

Laimface

Ready to race!
If I send in a new set of logs you think it helps them any?

YES! My car was quite rough because the world market ECU has some differences compared to a US one. The major changes that were described to me were MAF calibration, load requesting and wastegate PID controller. After some revisions it's now super responsive between gears and boosts right up to 22+ psi in the mid (then falls off a cliff because of the tiny turbo haha). It's worth the extra $$.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I did. Sent them in early last week. I'm not stressing the wait for the new tune. I drive the car every now and then. I'm just saying it's been some time since my first logs that new updated ones may be better for the tuning process. If it's one and done that's cool too.
maybe just shoot them another email (forwarding your last with the most recent logs you sent in) asking/checking that they received them. I did that and i got an email a couple hours later saying the tune would be to me that day and sure enough a few hours after that got the email with the files.

jeez

Ready to race!
Coming through md myself. Let me know

Which shop did yours? I'm in md too...how much did they charge you?

S2 Dynamics in Rockville, MD. I believe it was around $200 but I'll confirm. Probably 2 hours of work. Lift the car, remove axle, disconnect the rest of the small stuff in between you and the turbo, unscrew the 2 bolts holding the old WG, put the new one on and everything back together.

Ask for Pat. He's done a lot of work on my car so maybe he was letting me off easier.