GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

FriggenT1

Banned
According to my data log, peak is 22psi (23 on my boost gauge) and taper to 19 at 6900rpms. Im at 100% wgdc at redline so I'm not squeezing anything else out there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Talk to Alex, get the forge wg, or turbosmart perhaps...you'll peak at least 3-4 psi higher, holding will taper a bit slower.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Are you going to go W/M at all? I think that would be my goal with K04 to get as much out of it as you can within its efficiency range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In a few months I will do w/m. Must recharge finances.
Talk to Alex, get the forge wg, or turbosmart perhaps...you'll peak at least 3-4 psi higher, holding will taper a bit slower.
Yeah wastegate install requires turbo pull right?
Or I remember the axle thing someone mentioned as well.
I would have to talk to my shop to see what they could do.

FriggenT1

Banned
In a few months I will do w/m. Must recharge finances.Yeah wastegate install requires turbo pull right?
Or I remember the axle thing someone mentioned as well.
I would have to talk to my shop to see what they could do.

I was looking art mine last night and I can remove the 2 wg bolts from the top. I'm not sure I could get the new one in, but I can get it out.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I was looking art mine last night and I can remove the 2 wg bolts from the top. I'm not sure I could get the new one in, but I can get it out.
That's a scary thought of a one way street. Even once I install a new wg, you got to re tune for it right? So I need to do some real saving

FriggenT1

Banned
That's a scary thought of a one way street. Even once I install a new wg, you got to re tune for it right? So I need to do some real saving

Well, I have read a lot of threads where the ecu adapts just fine without an issue, but overboost could be an issue. I would run an mbc in parallel in case, so you can bleed boost off. For instance, my tune supposedly calls for 25 psi, I'm only peaking 22 (as Alex had said the stock WG is about maxed at that area with an efficient set up). So if I hit 25 or so with the forge WG, I'm just fine with that....but the ecu needs about 50 or more miles to adapt to the new settings.

jeez

Ready to race!
I just hit 325/325 today on the dynojet.

Is that in 3rd or 4th? Also, was your car heatsoaked prior to the run? 2 pulls total? How far did you drive to get to that dyno place? Sorry for bombarding you with questions.

I just installed my updated tune with brake boost and launch control. About 5 minutes after the install, I was driving on the highway when my EPC light turned on and the power was cut. So I pull over and turned the car off and on. And the car drove fine after that. So should I go back to my previous tune or was this just a glitch?

Exact same thing happened to me, just not 5 mins in. I will ask Alex but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the new tune. Getting P1335...something like torque limit exceeded. Could be that the tune is asking too much from the DSG? I'd just go to the previous tune to be honest. Alex will fix this with the next tune.

Ooooook, Mark that one a NO on getting it from the top lol, too much shit in the way

You likely won't be able to because the heatshield and the manifold are in your way and they are both a beach to deal with, at least in my case.

Ended up having the shop install the WG and they did NOT have to take the turbo out. Pretty sure they did it from below. You do have to remove the drive axle and other stuff...but ultimately not the turbo.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
These two pulls are 4th gear. Car was sitting for maybe 30mins after I drove to the shop before I got on the dyno since my friend went first. Stopped at 2 pulls in 4th because of top rpm misfire. Tried a 3rd gear pull but was not ideal to dyno so we scrapped it. Shop is maybe 25 miles from my house.
Probably more hp on the table, having some issues I'm trying to sort out.