GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Highgate Golfer

1. Highgate Golfer

Mk6 Part Out: LED tails, RNS-510, Weathertech mats, OEM Xenon HL

Have my buyback appointment scheduled for my TDI Nov 13, have the following parts for sale, some for trade. All items are local GTA pick up. Shipping considered at buyers expense and risk. Parts are currently on car and will be available some time before the 13th. Weathertech floor liners...
  2. Highgate Golfer

MK 6/7 TDI Owners: Whats your plan?

To those of you who also drive a spark plug less car, whenever the hell VW announces the details for us canucks... how many of you are going to take the buy-back offer in whatever form it comes in? Or are you waiting to see the exact details before deciding? Americans already have an...
  3. Highgate Golfer

VW.CA Info on Golf/GTI Mk7

So I was poking around the site today and noticed they have more info on the golf and GTI 7. For those who want the TLDR summary: "advances in technology allow the MQB platform to be less complex than previous versions, which means we can build a Golf for less. And sell it for less. It lists...
  4. Highgate Golfer

Free Glide Touchfree Wash at Derry/McLaughlin! March 2/3

Just saw this in my email, looks to me like a free, no strings attached touchless Glide wash, rail-less also for you slammed folks: Link
  5. Highgate Golfer

Free Microfibres at Crappy Tire (sort of)

Well, not really. I recently went to buy some RainX and saw an 8 pack of Simoniz colourful towels were 20% off so so I picked a pack up. Went to the register and scanned at the full $10. So I quoted the scanning code of practice on them since the displayed price was $8 and got them for free...
  6. Highgate Golfer

Rns 510 w/o dyna audio coding request

Hey all, quick overview: installed an rns 510 unit with functioning gps, sirius and am/fm and coded with out error codes, but have no sound. If anybody has an rns 510 without dyna audio to please post their coding for comparison. Or, if anybody has any thoughts as to why this is happening...
  7. Highgate Golfer

FS: RCD 510 (premium 8 radio)

I have an RNS-510 unit on the way so the old h/u is coming out. No scratches on screen. Great if your car came with the RCD 310 (non-touch screen, 1st picture). Will update with pictures of my unit when I get home but essentially as seen in pic #2 and will come with security code/manual. Only...
  8. Highgate Golfer

FS: RCD 510 (premium 8 radio) $500

I have an RNS-510 unit on the way so the old h/u is coming out. No scratches on screen. Great if your car came with the RCD 310 (non-touch screen, 1st picture). Will update with pictures of my unit when I get home but essentially as seen in pic #2 and will come with security code/manual Only...
  9. Highgate Golfer

Door Warning Light Error Code

Hi all, I installed my door warning lights awhile back, pretty certain pins were inserted in the correct pin location on the connectors, put it back together, coded with +64 on each individual controller but they don't turn on and got error codes on the 4 door controllers. Something about an...
  10. Highgate Golfer

Canadian Detailing Supplies Website (and product tips)

Hi all, I've bought stuff from them before, but wanted to share this great site with fellow MK6 Canucks, no customs/brokerage here! :w00t: http://www.eshine.ca They sell practically everything, I've bought optimum wash products, Detailer's pride interior cleaner, and their microfibre towels...
  11. Highgate Golfer

FS: 35W Morimoto (AMP) Ballasts and CAN-BUS Relay

Sold Hi all, for sale are two 35w Morimoto ballasts (AMP) with the stand alone CAN-BUS relay to avoid error codes. These are from the retrofit source and were never installed. Required ballasts and relays to complete install of the OEM Style LED Rep's being sold. Add the bulbs to these and...
  12. Highgate Golfer

R-Dash LED License Plate Question

Hi all, after reading nothing but good reviews of the R-dash LED license plate lights from ECS (and were on sale) I pulled the trigger and bought them. Went out to install today, but the harness that runs from the error canceller into the power source from the car doesn't seem to "fit"...