GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by IVVVIKris

1. IVVVIKris

Why's my N80 (purge valve) different?

VCDS is showing 2 codes (P0456 and P0442) for an evap leak and researching suggests the N80 is the culprit. ECS shows an N80 valve with hose connectors at a 90 degree angle, but my connectors are at 180 degrees to each other. Was a new N80 released? ECS N80 My N80
  2. IVVVIKris

Broke a subframe bolt

I was installing the CTS rigid collar kit and a 16mm subframe bolt (the last bolt needing to be torqued down) broke while tightening it. I hadn't removed the bolt completely, only back it out a few turns, so it wasn't cross threaded. Something snapped and the bolt head continued to turn. I...
  3. IVVVIKris

Scraping on DG springs

I bought a manual 4-door 2010 GTI last October that had Koni coilovers, swapped those out with DG springs and factory shocks and I'm scraping more frequently than I did with my manual 2-door 2010 GTI on the same setup. Any ideas why? My FTG is 25.25", same as the 2-door. All the plastic trim...
  4. IVVVIKris

Broken AFS

The metal arm on my AFS sensor is missing, leaving the plastic arm to hang freely. Does anyone know where I can buy just that metal arm or a suitable replacement?
  5. IVVVIKris

FS: Koni Coilovers

SOLD
  6. IVVVIKris

Smoke, CEL, and EPC after 4th gear WOT run

Like the title says, I was in 4th gear at WOT when the engine stumbled slightly. The EPC lit along with flashing CEL. It felt like a coil pack went which I've experienced before. What's new was the smoke pouring out the exhaust when I pulled into my garage 2 minutes later. I'm APR stage 1...
  7. IVVVIKris

FS: 2010 GTI, 2-door, CW, Manual, Plaid Seats, Sunroof, Dyna. Norfolk, VA

FS: 2010 GTI, 2-door, CW, Manual, Plaid, Sunroof, Dynaudio, APR Stg1, DG Springs, VA I needed something with 4-doors and recently picked up 4-door 2010 GTI, so this one has to go. $13,500 OBO. It has all the good options for 2010: HIDs, sunroof, Dynaudio, and heated seats. Extras: APR...
  8. IVVVIKris

WTB: Stock intake hose, P/N 1K0129627C

It's #12 in the part diagram. I'm removing a BSH intake and I'm missing this hose to put my stock airbox back in. I'm offering $20 shipped to 23503.
  9. IVVVIKris

FS: Billy Boat TBE, Hampton Roads, VA

SOLD
  10. IVVVIKris

Please remove.

Please remove this post.
  11. IVVVIKris

Does this sound like a case of carbon build-up?

2010 GTI, APR stage 1, and 65,000 miles. I had a CEL accompanied by rough idle after a cold start. VCDS showed misfires in cyl-2 so I swapped coilpacks with cyl-1 and again had misfires in cyl-2. I replaced the spark plug with a new NGK BKR7EIX gapped to .032 and I'm still getting the rough...
  12. IVVVIKris

FS: Detroit wheels + tires $550 OBO, Virginia

SOLD!
  13. IVVVIKris

Storing my GTI for a year, what should I do?

I'm deploying to Afghanistan in October for 11 months. My girlfriend has offered to store my GTI in her garage while I'm away. Has anyone put their Mk6 in storage for this long? She can't drive stick so I'll probably put it on jack stands and remove the wheels to prevent flat spotting, I'm...
  14. IVVVIKris

Tapping sound while turning

Lately I've been hearing a soft tapping sound while turning the steering wheel. It seems like it's coming from front end and I can only hear it at slow speeds like when I'm parking or pulling out of my garage. I installed DG springs a few weeks ago and the strut bearings, pinch bolts, and...
  15. IVVVIKris

Windshield trim flew off!

My girlfriend has a used 2011 Golf TDI and the passenger windshield trim piece came loose and blew off on the highway. She's picking up a new trim piece at the dealership this week. My question is, what kind of adhesive/glue should be used to secure this thing? I've searched and turned up...