GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MrTocs

1. MrTocs

Silly but made my day

Parked in an empty part of a mall parking garage taking a moment to catch a Pokemon (insert eye roll) and I look up because I see daytime running lights out of the corner of my eye and these to kids had rolled up in front of me in my GTI with their new GTI and they flash me the "V" for...
  2. MrTocs

2012 - 36000 miles - Lost 2 quarts of oil

2012 - 36000 miles currently. 8000 miles since the last oil change. Okay I'm not a grandma with driving my car. 3/5th city (which i'm semi aggressive) the rest highway. Is this normal??? I don't see a leak either in the engine compartment nor a leak in the parking spot. What should I be...
  3. MrTocs

2012 GTI - Rear window sprayer

Hi folks, My rear window washer fluid sprayer now just pisses a straight stream onto the window. I've tried using a toothbrush and a tiny wire to clean it but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I want to fix it as it cleans the window better and has been a great...
  4. MrTocs

2012 GTI AC Refrigerant recharge

Anyone tried to do a AC refrigerant recharge on their GTI? Any recommendations or warnings? Thanks folks.
  5. MrTocs

Hole in door frame and door.

Okay it's been a while since I asked a dumb ass question so huzza. What the heck is that hole in the door frame of the door that has a matching one on the actual door?
  6. MrTocs

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

I have to assume that it's cold cuts and soup.
  7. MrTocs

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

And this is how this thread will never end.
  8. MrTocs

Dash Cam - Wired to ceiling map lights?

Sigh... I've spent about an hour now searching with different search fields looking for information on how to wire a dash cam in front of the rear view mirror... I don't want to run a cable all the way down to the fuse box. I have a 12 to 5 volt converter for a USB connection that plugs into...
  9. MrTocs

Dash cams in your GTI

Anyone mounted a dash cam on their GTI? If you did can you post pics of how it looks and what your using experience is with it. I see a lot of cheap ass options and am looking for something unobtrusive but quality. Thanks!
  10. MrTocs

@#!$%&*! - Sigh - New to low profile wheels. Crrrccch!

Okay so I love to death my 2012 GTI Autobahn. Loooooove the wheels. However... I've scraped or semi crunched every wheels now. I live inner city and everything is parallel parking on very narrow streets and I was used to fat normal wheels on my last car. I've looked into but not inquired on...
  11. MrTocs

R12 coolant - my journey to a new water pump? - I have arrived.

I think I'm part of the club now. 2012 GTI with 27500 miles. Beep Beep Beep! Check coolant etc. Level right at the bottom of the coolant pod just slightly above the hose intake. Flashlight out and saw it pooling a bit on some front plastic bits. It's been raining nonstop recently where I'm...
  12. MrTocs

Side view mirror "defrost". Pathetic or just broken?

Okay the weather has been changing. I go out to my car in the morning and the windows and side rear mirrors are covered in exterior condensation. I hit the defrost button and the back window clears up fine. Twenty minutes later my side view mirrors are pretty much the same. Left and right...
  13. MrTocs

Slight warmth from air vents - AC off, no heat on

Is it normal to always have a little heat from your air vents even if it's 57 degrees out and you have you heat selector to cold and the AC is off?
  14. MrTocs

Door panel red reflectors - Anyone installed lighting here?

The MKVI GTI has such nice details but doesn't have light up reflectors on the inside of your doors when you open them? Anyone installed a fix for this and can can give some advice on products and installation they personally did themselves? Thanks all.
  15. MrTocs

GTI not potty trained... Why does it piss itself?

I know many people delete the rear window wiper but I actually like the small area of cleaned viewing when its covered in rain or road grit. The cleaning fluid sprayer worked exactly 6 times as a nice fan of cleaning fluid until it started to just piss it in a straight line at the hatch...