GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rtnlsltn

1. R

Passenger side rear suspension won't fully compress

I just replaced my H&R Super Sport springs with a H&R static setup that I purchased used locally. I drove a bit then noticed the car was sitting ~1.5" taller on the passenger rear side. I've removed the tire and attempted to raise the assembly with a jack. It gets about 2.5" up and starts...
  2. R

DSG slow gear engagement: Clutch pack or Mechatronics?

My 2010 has 72k on it and has had a pretty easy life. I've babied it for the 22k I've had it and the previous owner was an older couple. It's been at stage 2 for around 10k miles. I've been doing maybe 10-15 spirited shifts from 2nd-3rd at WOT in manual mode more frequently, but nothing too...
  3. R

Peeling shift knob chrome

Anyone have this happen? Not sure how to fix it. Chrome nail polish?
  4. R

WTB: 2-door DSG DriverGear springs

On the hunt!
  5. R

Fix rear sag?

Been riding on H&R SS springs for far too many miles on stock struts. Finally upgrading to Koni Yellows. I recall there being an Audi TT part for the rear that fixes the sag that happens with a spring swap but can't track it down. I think it's the part below, but can someone confirm...
  6. R

OEM smoked tails

Have hella branding on the back so I believe they are OEM. Foam gaskets still present. Center sections will come with, as well, just not pictured. Great shape, just dusty from sitting for a few months. $100 OBO.
  7. R

BBS Reps, Stock Stuff, Tails, End Links

Selling a bunch of stuff that came with the GTI I recently purchased. Everything is OBO. Located in Green Bay, WI. Pickup highly preferred but I will ship. Raceland resonator delete pipe (2.5") - Used for around 1000 miles before switching to a full exhaust system. $80 OEM Exhaust (45k miles)...
  8. R

Routine bushing servicing?

Do any of you do common servicing (lubrication) on bushings or joints with serviceable ports? I'm just wondering if there's any extra preventative maintenance I could be doing.
  9. R

Lowered MK6 - axle rub options?

Just bought and drove a lowered MK6 a few states home. Car was an excellent deal, owned by a service manager. It was well taken care of, just one problem: I definitely get some axle rub on the sway bar under hard cornering, slow tight corners, and big dips on the highway. I jacked it up when I...
  10. R

Buying a Stage 2 GTI without tune - Safe to drive?

I'm buying an 2010 with intake and 3" turbo back (DP+exhaust). The owner did not tune it after adding the exhaust. The car was a garage queen, more or less, and he hadn't gotten around to it. I need to drive 600 miles to get it home. Am I safe, or should I try to line up a tune when I pick it...
  11. R

Trade my Autobahn seats for your Cloth

Just picked up a 2011 4dr Autobahn after getting tired of looking for a used Sunroof + Nav. Looking to trade my Autobahn seats for cloth ones + cash on your end. Car has 8700 miles, seats look fantastic. Would prefer to trade with someone in the area of course. I'm in Neenah, WI but could make a...
  12. R

Trade your Cloth seats for my Autobahn seats?

I just picked up my MK6 Autobahn and would prefer cloth seats, the leather seat design is harder on my shitty lower back than the cloth. Seats look great, the car only has 8700 miles on it. Anyone interested in a trade+ cash on your end for a nice pair of autobahn seats? Car is a 4 door.
  13. R

Anyone in the Fox Valley area with a stage 1?

Comparing between a GTI and WRX, my only downside with the GTI right now is the lack of power. I'm curious what the stage 1 will feel like and would like to take a ride with someone in their car. If anyone is in the area and would be open for a quick meetup, let me know! I'm in Neenah, WI
  14. R

GTI seats are skin collectors

I'm in the market for a GTI and am waiting for one in the right color/package to pop up around me. I have had about 2 hours behind the wheel of them. I've noticed the cloth seats, door panels, and armrest have a weird "sandpaper" type textured fabric that collects skin like no other. Have any of...
  15. R

Looking at new GTI's, RNS310/510?

So the 2011 GTI's look to come with the RNS310 which has a smaller screen among other things. I like the 7" RCD510 unit but want Xenon headlights, which you can't get without also getting the navigation unit. Buying these separate post purchase seems silly, costly, and time consuming. So i...