GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Zonaglxy

1. Z

MK6 GTI K04 part out

I just went back to stock since I plan on trading my car in soon. Hate to see it go but commuting 50+ miles with a manual in Cali traffic has gotten old. Prices include shipping. 1. APR K04 (45k miles) - SOLD 2. Neuspeed FMIC - SOLD 3. OEM LED tail lights - SOLD 4. BFI stage 1...
  2. Z

F Type S

I got a call from my dad this weekend who said my mom and him bought a new car and he needed me to drive it back from the dealership... They've always driven pretty nice cars in the past (328i, lexus rx) but nothing too crazy. He told me they got a used 2008 mustang convertible so I wasn't...
  3. Z

K04 high IAT

My car's power has been inconsistent lately regardless of ambient temperatures. I decided to run some logs after a normal drive with a few hard pulls. IAT were at 150 degrees F idling and only went down to 104 degrees when I started cruising at 50mph. Ambient temp was 62 and engine temp was...
  4. Z

Water pump campaign reimbursement

Has anyone received a reimbursement from VW yet? For those of you that don't know, VW will reimburse out of pocket expenses for certain build dates if you had your water pump replaced by an independent shop. Mine failed prior to the service action so I didn't take it to the dealer to be...
  5. Z

Coolant completely gone

Today I was driving home and got a low coolant light about a mile from my house. I figured it might have gone just below the min line so I limped the car home watching the temp gauge. When I got home the coolant reservoir was empty! There was a slurping noise coming from what seemed like the...
  6. Z

Californian Drivers and Parking

It continues to boggle my mind how inconsiderate and oblivious some drivers are. Typically my frustration comes from a Prius driving driving 60 mph in the fast lane on the freeway blocking traffic with a mile of open road in front of them. Today was different though. When I got to my car on...
  7. Z

Fans won't stop running

As the title states, I turned the car off and both fans stayed on for 5 minutes. I ended up unplugging the battery. Cars a 2011 with 61k miles, mods in sig. Fault code is P0480. From what I read this basically means my ECU is fried. Has anyone experienced this and had it not be the ECU...
  8. Z

APR K04 V3.1 engine knock with 100 octane

Has anyone else experienced this? My car did this a few months ago but I attributed it to hot weather and possibly carbon buildup. I did the carbon cleaning and got a Neuspeed FMIC. Today temps were around 68 degrees so I put some 100 octane in. Same results as before. Right around 3.5-4k...
  9. Z

Mk6 K04 vs. G37 (rant, no video)

Delete
  10. Z

Mk6 K04 GTI vs 2013 650i convertible

Me: K04 + supporting mods That guy: 2013 650i convertible with the top down I was sitting at a stop light today when I looked in my rear view and saw this guy cut over to get the open lane. He looked to be driving rather aggressively while his gray hair glistened in the afternoon sun in his...
  11. Z

K04 misfire and cylinder disabled

Today I was merging on the freeway and around 3,500 in 4th gear I lost basically all power. Check engine light was blinking and the epc light was on. I pulled over shut the car off and when I turned it back on the car was shaking and had a rough idle. I had it towed home from there. Vagcom...
  12. Z

How tall are you guys?

Tall enough :character0293:
  13. Z

K04 coming soon! How long for the stock clutch?

Well I've saved enough lunch money to go with the APR K04 and the S3 intercooler. I'm currenty stage 2 and have all the supporting mods. I live in southern cal where it hasn't been above 70 the past 2 weeks (S3 should suffice) I'll be installing it next week and will give a review after. For...
  14. Z

WTB: 2 OEM Detroit rims

Hoping for a local pick up. Looking for only rims no tires. Thanks!
  15. Z

Billy Boat Catback... Downpipe coming soon

Hey guys, I haven't seen a lot of videos of the B&B exhaust on here so I thought I would should my thoughts. I have major OCD so the symmetry of the duel mufflers had me sold on the looks lol. I have no complaints about the sound. It's actually much better than I expected. I was a little...