GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Bluetooth Phone - Disconnect with Car Off

I've noticed that sometimes my phone disconnects with the HU when I turn my car off, and sometimes it does not. At first I thought I was just keeping it on ACC and maintaining connection, but it was pointed out that there is no ACC on our phone. Anyone experience this, and more importantly...
  2. S

WTB Sideskirts - SoCal

Seems to be a lot of these threads lately, so I figured I better make one to get in line. Looking for sideskirts in decent shape and I don't want to deal with shipping so somewhere in the Southern California area. Hit me up.
  3. S

SWM seeking Beer Enthusiast with VAGCOM Tail Coding Experience for One-Night Stand

Los Angeles/Orange County Area I finally caved and ordered a set of Vacar LED tails for my TDI. I’m usually a techy guy, but quite frankly all the VAGCOM talk makes my head hurt, not to mention I spent my money on tails instead of a cable. Figured I’d offer up some high quality beers in trade...
  4. S

Night/Day Sensor Calibration

During the daytime the gauge display (e.g. all the white numbering and lines) is backlit, as well as the needles and whatnot. At night it isn’t backlit (only the needles) until I turn on my lights. I assume this is some safety feature to remind you to turn on your lights. However, the...
  5. S

RNS315 Compatable Android Phones

It's time for a new phone and I want to maximize the chances of having zero compatibility issues with my car. It is probably my #1 requirement for which model. My wife's phone is listed as "partially" compatible with her Prius, and I think that's being generous. It drops her all the time and...
  6. S

Under Floor Amp Install - Flooring Support

There are a lot of people on here who have mounted their amps in place of a section of the foam support around the spare, but I’ve only seen one post on what people are using to support the flooring and that’s Veedoubleme who used a specialized piece of equipment he had laying around. I was...
  7. S

What was your last car?

Holy crap. I was wondering how often that happens when I was test driving cars, and when we drove my wife's car off the lot (mine was delivered so I didn't have that paranoia). That really sucks.
  8. S

Bluetooth Phone Quality

The other thread on BT audio got me thinking about this. How is the quality of phonecalls through the BT on your systems? Mine is terrible. It’s really high pitched, or should I say, there’s no mid and low end. Sounds almost like it’s mostly coming through the tweeters in the A-frame. Is...
  9. S

Not Another Sub/Amp Thread...

Greetings. New Golf TDI owner here. Been lurking for awhile learning a ton, figured it's time to come out of the shadows. I'm getting ready for a sub-install (yes, been through a ton of threads), but I've got a few questions on my mind: I'm going to be doing a typical install: Uber-Stealth...