GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. FastersBetter1

If you have water meth you don't need a bigger intercooler

I asked the question a number of years ago whether I needed a bigger intercooler given my water meth kit. It seems common belief suggests you do need both but in reality you really don't. I wanted to be a little controversial but also based on my own experience on the track and through...
  2. FastersBetter1

H2Sport control arm bearings

I've spent lots of time and money modding my car and am currently considering my control arm options: - SuperPro control arm kit - Powerflex black series bushings on oem control arms - H2sport control arm spherical bearing kit - TT control arms - H2sport control arm spherical bearing kit +...
  3. FastersBetter1

Eurosport X Brace-- Installation

I'm installing the x brace tomorrow and I'm a little concerned about getting the nutserts in properly. Unfortunately there are no DIY videos (I'm making one to help others in the future). General question.. Eurosport included a simple tool to install the nutsert but is it better to get a better...
  4. FastersBetter1

APR K04 APR 3.1 launch control

I haven't tried launch control ever but always thought it would cause crazy wheel spin in first. This video the guy has virtually no wheel spin... Very impressive launch http://youtu.be/hN9HCprecgE
  5. FastersBetter1

What's the fastest way to go down the 1/4 mile with DSG?

Hey all - I track my car but have never gone down the 1/4 mile. My brother and I have had a import vs domestic battle since we were teens! He's got a 95 mustang and a best of 12.63. I would LOVE to beat him... My question: Is putting it into 'S' and using launch control the fastest way to...
  6. FastersBetter1

Oil Consumption

I lose about 1 litre of oil per 1500 kms. The TSI is not supposed to lose oil. I'm thinking of changing PCV since it's cheap and easy to eliminate as source of issue. Just noticed my car (66k kilometres) has oil baked onto the side of the refill cap area. Does this confirm or refute PCV as...
  7. FastersBetter1

APR KO4 V3.1 datalogs

Posting the log I took today. Please post your results so we can compare and have in one tidy place. Just realized I logged ignition timing instead of angle... Oops. Happy to log any other datapoints as I'm not the most technically sophisticated. The weather when I took the log was overcast...