GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H2Sport control arm bearings

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
I've spent lots of time and money modding my car and am currently considering my control arm options:
- SuperPro control arm kit
- Powerflex black series bushings on oem control arms
- H2sport control arm spherical bearing kit
- TT control arms
- H2sport control arm spherical bearing kit + Passat arms

I DID search for feedback on the H2Sport solution and found nothing since 2009. I know some, like Racerguy and others have purchased. HYDE16 did a very thorough review on control arm mods and I was surprised the H2Sport solution wasn't investigated... In case you're reading and have thoughts?

Would it be worth my while getting H2Sport with the Passat arms to shave the 4.4 lbs of un-sprung weight or just use my oem control arms? I only track my car 2-3 times per year, garage winters and only drive on weekends when sunny. I basically just like to have fun with my fun-car but have spent so much money at this point that I'm trying to strike some kind of balance between 'must have' and 'nice to have' since, on a gross basis, most of my handling and power enhancements are already complete. Im now just fine tuning the edges. With all that in mind, please let me know your thoughts on my options.

Thanks!

Thanks!

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
I think because so few people had them, the only person I recall with them was bostonaudi on golfmkv.

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
Yeah he sold his GTI and got a TD. I may reach out to him directly. I'm really surprised at the little attention this product has had. It doesn't get more precise as bearings... I'm curious about noise and vibrations.. Longevity.. Track use.. Etc

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Yeah he sold his GTI and got a TD. I may reach out to him directly. I'm really surprised at the little attention this product has had. It doesn't get more precise as bearings... I'm curious about noise and vibrations.. Longevity.. Track use.. Etc

They were always on backorder or some sort of delay which is probably why so few people had them or mentioned about it. Unobtainium.

If one ever popped up for sale I would buy them, but they rarely do and h2sport seems to have disappeared.

rawag77

Ready to race!
I'd recommend the SuperPros. Very light weight and you get the added caster from the rear mounts. Easy installation too.

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
Thanks.. There's lots of reviews on SuperPro and added caster is definitely something to consider. I'm a little skeptical on weight savings since its technical attached to the subframe on one end so not sure if it's truly beneficial as light wheels or brake components would be?

rawag77

Ready to race!
Thanks.. There's lots of reviews on SuperPro and added caster is definitely something to consider. I'm a little skeptical on weight savings since its technical attached to the subframe on one end so not sure if it's truly beneficial as light wheels or brake components would be?

True, they're more about reducing weight, in general, over the front wheels.

I just saw that you're DSG so you might want to go with one of your other options. The auto transmission makes the SuperPro installation a PITA. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58237