GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Help with compring interior fuse diagram

Hi guys I'm looking to see if some1 can post their interior fuse box diagram. I removed my add a circuit fuse and can't remember which slot it came from (should've taken a photo before removal) https://imgur.com/a/jjB9l
  2. E

Alot of engine oil build up on engine bay?

Hey guys, i was just wondering is it normal to have engine oil buildup on the engine bay area? From the vid around 7 seconds you can see alot of black (engine oil?) buildup near the pcv and was wondering if that's normal build up over time. I have never cleaned the engine bay and i have 80k...
  3. E

DIY for power steering rack?

Hi guys, Im looking to see if anyone has a DIY for replacing the power steering rack? I noticed that theres a loose bolt around the area where the electric motor is sitting on the subframe and havent been able to find a clear replacement diy Thanks
  4. E

Is my exhaust pipe supposed to have an air leak?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QizPS0e7RYF296ES2 In the video around :20 secs you can see liquid (it is water just snowed the day before the vid) running along the exhaust pipe (i think its the exhaust pipe?) being sprayed out. This tells me there is an leak in the pipe and i was wondering arent the...
  5. E

How to test for bad PCV?

Hey guys i did some research and there seems to be multiple ways to test a bad PCV but i am still confused as to what signs to look for. So far i tested by: Start engine leave it idling, remove engine oil cap, engine starts sputtering and vibrating pretty hard. Does this mean that my PCV is...
  6. E

How to test for bad PCV?

Hey guys i did some research and there seems to be multiple ways to test a bad PCV but i am still confused as to what signs to look for. So far i tested by: Start engine leave it idling, remove engine oil cap, engine starts sputtering and vibrating pretty hard. Does this mean that my PCV is...
  7. E

Chatter/Rattle on light throttle from full stop / low speeds

I noticed whenever i give the gas a little bit of gas from a complete stop/low speeds uphill or downhill, i hear rattling or chattering. I have gti mk6 dsg with 80k miles. i've looked online and few people say dsg noise is normal at low speeds but i noticed this sound only occurs whenever i am...
  8. E

Cost for steering rack replacement?

Hi all, im looking to see if anyone had their steering rack replaced and how much did it cost to with parts and labor? Looking to cross reference my car shop that quoted me around $1400
  9. E

Clunking sound when turning steering wheel while parked.

I recently noticed a clunking sound coming from near where my brake pedal is and only happens when i turn my steering wheel left to right or right to left. It happens when im stationary in park with e brake pulled. I will post a video of the sound but im trying to get a sense of what it could...
  10. E

NYC area Carbon cleaning walnut blasting service

I'm looking to see if anyone has had their car carbon cleaned using the walnut blasting method here in the NYC area. I am currently located in Queens so i am willing to travel into Long island nassau or to brooklyn If so i would love to know where you guys had it done and how much was the...
  11. E

Is there an issue with my 2011 gti engine startup sound?

I've been paranoid lately about my car starting up lately so i wanted to have other opinions on my car's startup sound. The sound im most concerned with is the "burp" sound after you the car cranks over. I dont know if this normal. Any help is appreciated...
  12. E

How to tell if my Fuel Pump Control Module is bad

Today i was driving up hill and as i was accelerating i noticed after 3k rpms it seemed as if my car went limp, i pressed the gas pedal and there was no response so i pulled over to the side of the road. Once on the side of the road i tried to restart the car but the car would just keep...
  13. E

Aftermarket Headlights for MK6?

Hey i was wondering if there will be/are aftermarket headlights that are similar to the MK7 headlights. I really like the LED lighting around the bulbs and the U shaped style. So far i only found spyder headlights and they look to crowded. I know the Jetta GLI mk6 has UU headlights and was...
  14. E

Delphi RCD 510 aux in and mdi do not work

Hey guys so i recently bought a 2011 golf gti and i believe i have a delphi RCD 510 installed because it seems different than the regular oem versions. my version is seen here does not have the phone button but has arrows instead. Also my Aux input and MDI input do not work. I'm guessing the...