GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. James9449

Tail Light Replacement

I'm sure this inquiry has been posted sometime, somewhere . . . Has anyone bought / Is anyone running these tail lights ? Saw them on eBay. Price seems right, but I'm curious about quality and light output performance. Also, I assume I'd need VAG-COM coding to cancel lighting error codes...
  2. James9449

GTI Roof Rack issue - Opinion

I have several Thule base racks and accessories for vehicles I’ve owned during the past 20 years. I’ve had no problems with any configuration. I’ve mounted bicycles, boats, luggage and work equipment, including ladders, pole saws, etc. But I decided to go with a new set up, use some of the...
  3. James9449

GTI MK6 Sketches / Drawings / Cartoons

Anyone have some sketch pics or cartoon drawings or just drawings of the MK6? Maybe someone could post to this thread or redirect me. Thanx.
  4. James9449

Tuner-Friendly Dealers - Propose a list . . .

I'd like to propose a list of Tune-Friendly VW dealers. Straight list, regional list, whatever. At least this would give some of us enthusiasts a better idea of which dealers are more attuned to those of us who want to mod our GTI's (or other models). I'd suggest the list just be a simple...
  5. James9449

Rear wiper on GTI

So I've read that the rear wiper has created several issues for forum members. Turn off the automatic rear wiper swipe at start up, remove the wiper altogether and work out some sort of plug where the hole is, whatever. Okay, here's another issue. Minor one, yeah. I'm sure it's a yawner for...
  6. James9449

Performance brake pads for 2011 GTI ???

Can anyone out there tell me whether there are performance brake pads - front and rear -- for the 2011 model ? Something tells me the pads are not the same as those for the 2010 GTI. I'm wanting to upgrade the pads only, not the rotors. My intent is for something like EBC ceramics or Hawk...
  7. James9449

A truly dumbass question

It's very cold up here in NE, and I haven't taken time to really investigate how to remove the side markers on my '11 GTI. I know it's simple, but I don't want to risk marring the finish around the marker. I'm replacing the stock amber pieces with clear covers and LED bulbs. Any help?
  8. James9449

A map for fusebox ?

Does anyone have a schematic of the fuse panel behind the lower left dash in the MKVI GTI -- or know where I can obtain one ? I'm having difficulty troubleshooting fuse failure, because identifying a blown fuse requires pulling each one to determine failure. I need a map. Or a brain...
  9. James9449

Dimming primary dash gauges

The dimming control to the left of the steering wheel seems to have a very limited range of dimming / brightening capability. In other vehicles I've owned, the rheostat control allowed selection range of very bright to almost completely dark. I think that's what I'd want in my GTI. Is it...